Phantom Share With Certain IP

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
herzzreh
New here

Phantom Share With Certain IP

Post by herzzreh »

Using TS-119+ with Win7, latest firmware.

When I set my IP address to 192.168.2.2, I have a random /mgxxx share show up in the root of HDA_SHARE. This is a user home directory that I had years ago. Since then, I've replaced the HDD, reset NAS numerous times but it still shows up when I assign that IP to the NAS, it disappears when any other IP address is used. That share doesn't show up anywhere in the GUI and poking around using command line doesn't show it either, only visible via Explorer. You can't write/read anything in there either.

I'm sure that it's some config that I set and forgot about and I'm sure it's somewhere in Windows as it's the only thing that stayed constant. I have no clue where something like this would be configured. Any pointers please?
pwilson
Guru

Re: Phantom Share With Certain IP

Post by pwilson »

herzzreh wrote:Using TS-119+ with Win7, latest firmware.

When I set my IP address to 192.168.2.2, I have a random /mgxxx share show up in the root of HDA_SHARE. This is a user home directory that I had years ago. Since then, I've replaced the HDD, reset NAS numerous times but it still shows up when I assign that IP to the NAS, it disappears when any other IP address is used. That share doesn't show up anywhere in the GUI and poking around using command line doesn't show it either, only visible via Explorer. You can't write/read anything in there either.

I'm sure that it's some config that I set and forgot about and I'm sure it's somewhere in Windows as it's the only thing that stayed constant. I have no clue where something like this would be configured. Any pointers please?
Please provide the output of:

Code: Select all

testparm -s -l --section-name=mgxxx 2>/dev/null

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
herzzreh
New here

Post by herzzreh »

Code: Select all

[~] 
# testparm -s -l --section-name=mgxxx 2>/dev/null
[~] #
Returns nothing... hence I'm suspecting that Windows has something to do with it. Right now I have now IP is set to other than 192.168.2.2, once a copy job finishes I'll retest using that IP.
herzzreh
New here

Post by herzzreh »

Still nothing...
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Can you post the complete /etc/config/smb.conf file?

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”