SYSTEM BOOTING >>>>... (TS-809 Pro)

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
schumaku
Guru

Re: SYSTEM BOOTING >>>>... (TS-809 Pro)

Post by schumaku »

Same when power-up and booting without the HDDs plugged?
Heiquito
Starting out

Post by Heiquito »

yes :-(
utopianit
New here

Post by utopianit »

Heiquito (and all!),

I too went on holiday last weekend and came back to my TS-509 Pro dead. It powers on but intermittently powers off and on and hangs at SYSTEM BOOTING >>>>.

I hadn't had a chance to reboot from a recent firmware upgrade to Version 3.6.1 so this was the first reboot.

As I use the full populated QNAP for my business, having data loss and being without it for too long wasn't an option so I ended up buying a TS-559 Pro II. I literally just swapped the disks over to the new unit and powered it up and all was fine.

I had backups and a UPS but I can't help feeling that my issue is firmware related as well and that there must be a way to have this fixed by QNAP if the firmware corrupted itself.

I don't think my unit can get to POST enough to use the QNAP Finder application that support suggested and the symptoms were the same with or without disks in.

I'd love to get my QNAP TS-509 working again as a tertiary storage as it's has been a good unit until now. As with you, my 3 year warranty has literally passed...not happy.

Cheers,
Chris

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”