Firmware update failed, how do I reinstall?

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
Sublime
Starting out

Firmware update failed, how do I reinstall?

Post by Sublime »

Hi,

I updated my TS-410 to the latest (3.8.0) firmware today but I think I messed up the installation (I got confused I think I tried to install the 410U firmware manually from the web GUI at the same time as the live update installed the correct one).

The NAS is working but not my QPKG applications and in the systemlog there is a lot of "Re-launch process [upnpcd]." and the admin GUI also tells me that my DNS server can't resolve hosts (I've tried to change the DNS server but that didn't help and the DNS worked fine before the upgrade)

Most likley the firmware upgrade went wrong in some way. So how do I re-install it? Iv'e tried the firmware update in web admin but that doesn't work, so I tried to do it manually (using this guide: http://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Manually_Updating_Firmware) but then get this error:

/etc/init.d/update.sh /mnt/HDA_ROOT/update/TS-410_20121114-3.8.0.img

/sbin/lock_system_update: error while loading shared libraries: libuLinux_naspriv.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
cat: /mnt/update/newver: No such file or directory
/sbin/write_log: error while loading shared libraries: libuLinux_naspriv.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What should I do?
schumaku
Guru

Re: Firmware update failed, how do I reinstall?

Post by schumaku »

A modified update.sh script and update process provided here http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?p=276270#p276270 - some lines on the shell required again.
Sublime
Starting out

Re: Firmware update failed, how do I reinstall?

Post by Sublime »

THANK you, that did the trick and everything is fine again!

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”