TS-219P II LDAP Authentication not available

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
DonCanalie
New here

TS-219P II LDAP Authentication not available

Post by DonCanalie »

Hello,

I have a problem, setting up the LDAP Authentication on my QNAP TS-219P II (firmware 4.1.0).
Currently, there is Authentication via Active Directory configured. But now, I want to set the Authentication to LDAP.
But I can not select the 'LDAP Authentication' fields, because it is disabled.

How to get this worked around?

Thanks for help.

DonCanalie
schumaku
Guru

Re: TS-219P II LDAP Authentication not available

Post by schumaku »

Hello, and welcome to the QNAP NAS Community Forum.

Please try to revert to "No domain" - I'd assume the LDAP option will become available then again.

Regards,
-Kurt.
DonCanalie
New here

Post by DonCanalie »

Hello Kurt,

thanks for your reply.
If I choose 'No Domain-Security', I am asked to disable Microsoft Network. I guess, the Privileges-Schema could be cleared, if i disable Microsoft Network.

Might it be possible at all to use the QNAP with LDAP Authentification for Windows-Clients as opposed to Active Directory?
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

The AD stuff needs to be cleared, so well possible they want you to stop the services first.
DonCanalie wrote:Might it be possible at all to use the QNAP with LDAP Authentification for Windows-Clients as opposed to Active Directory?
Permitting the SAMBA sections exist in the LADP, yes of course.
DonCanalie
New here

Post by DonCanalie »

You were right. Changing to 'No Domain Security' makes it possible to select 'LDAP Authentification'.
So now, I habe successfully configured the LDAP Authentification. It is possible to assign Permissions to Users and Groups now.
Logging into the Webinterface with an LDAP-Account works great, but accessing with Samba from a Windows-Client fails. I have already initialized a Samba-Schema on the OpenLDAP-Server, but it doesn't work anyway. I've read of pGina for alternate access. But isn't there another way to get it working?

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”