TS212-E to TS451

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
frand
New here

TS212-E to TS451

Post by frand »

I'm thinking about upgrading my TS212-E to TS451 since the 212 is slow writing/reading and doing basic daily operation. My question is if I do make the change, will I experience significant improvement speed wise? What's your suggestion?

I currently have 2 WD 4TB RED inside the TS212-E running in RAID1. if I do choose to upgrade, do I have to format the two drive first? Could I just plug in the two drive into the TS451 without wiping out the data inside it?

Thans in advance!
pwilson
Guru

Re: TS212-E to TS451

Post by pwilson »

frand wrote:I'm thinking about upgrading my TS212-E to TS451 since the 212 is slow writing/reading and doing basic daily operation. My question is if I do make the change, will I experience significant improvement speed wise? What's your suggestion?

I currently have 2 WD 4TB RED inside the TS212-E running in RAID1. if I do choose to upgrade, do I have to format the two drive first? Could I just plug in the two drive into the TS451 without wiping out the data inside it?

Thans in advance!
Migrating from Old NAS

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”