Qnap as a replication NAS

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
aiturbide
Starting out

Qnap as a replication NAS

Post by aiturbide »

Hello. I am a satisfied QNAP owner-user.
I would like to buy a NAS for replication jobs . I dont want to spend a fortune, is just a safeguard against data loss.I have 2 situations:

Company A:
I have a TS-269 Pro as our main NAS.RAM upgraded to 3Gb. My old TS-239 Pro ( RAM upgraded to it's max, I can't remember how much it was) is used as a REPNAS. That is, it receives data replication from the 269 Pro. BAckup jobs are scheduled and made everyday at 4 AM. At 5.30 AM the REPNAS is done . It is kept on the same network, but on a different building.
Just to be double sure, I would like to buy a 1 bay NAS to keep a second one as another REPNAS.
I am thinking on the TS 121. No user will access it, it's only purpose will be to receive, once a day, data from the TS 269 Pro.

Company B
Will have a TS-269 pro. Not much budget here, to buy a recond 269 Pro as a REPNAS. So I am also thinking on a TS 121 or a TS 221 to have an off building replication NAS as data backup.

I have tried with external hdd but I usually forget, so I found it better to have a replication NAS.

Do you think the TS 121 or TS 221 are ok for the job? I don't and can't spend to much. Or is it wise to go with another 269 Pro? But that I think is overkill for the task. Thanks for your advice. Sincerely, Arturo
aiturbide
Starting out

Re: Qnap as a replication NAS

Post by aiturbide »

Hello. I finally went with another 269 Pro in the case of company B. Same hardware, so can use hardware in the case of a hardware failure. Price differential is small , when compared to the trouble of loosing the data. Thanks to all. Sincerely, Arturo

Return to “Presales”