New boy here with TS-251 question

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
Petep74093
Getting the hang of things

New boy here with TS-251 question

Post by Petep74093 »

Hi all
been looking at various option for a home NAS option including backup and, following a few pointers from a colleague, have decided upon the TS-251 as that fits the bill for what I wanted. However as a follow up I was looking at UPS power supplies and saw reference on one where it could signal to a NAS that the mains had gone and that it should shut itself down. Now the model quoted was a QNAP 409 so that did get me thinking and looking to see to see if that option was available on the TS-251 but I couldn't see anything.
So can anybody tell me if that can be done on the TS-251 or that function only found on bigger/business type systems? I'm guessing that it isn't available on the TS-251, if not then that's not a show stopper but the idea of being able to shutdown the NAS gracefully would be an added bonus
thanks in advance
Peter
pwilson
Guru

Re: New boy here with TS-251 question

Post by pwilson »

Check out the QNAP UPS Compatibility List to find a compatible UPS. Check out the UPS Section of the QNAP Turbo NAS User Manual to see how to set it up with the NAS.

You can review the QNAP Turbo NAS User Manual even prior to purchase. Check it out. If you find some extra money purchase the TS-451 instead. A 2-Bay NAS like the TS-251 only supports RAID1, if you go with a TS-451 you can use RAID1, RAID5, RAID6 or RAID10. I use RAID5 with my 4-Bay NAS here. I do not recommend SingleDrive, RAID0 or JBOD on any NAS.

Happy shopping.
Last edited by christian on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fullquote deleted.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.

Return to “Presales”