Surveillance Station Pro - only provide 1 free IPcam licence

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
storageman
Ask me anything

Re: Surveillance Station Pro - only provide 1 free IPcam lic

Post by storageman »

Has anyone resolved this?
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Al3x wrote:Does anyone have the QPKG of the original Surveillance Station?
No QPKG - there never was one. Uninstall Surveillance Station Pro fro the App Center, and enable the legacy Surveillance Station on the Station Manager.

On the NAS models where the legacy Surveillance Station was never available (i.e. TS-x69 L / Pro / U) this won't help obviously.
Al3x
Getting the hang of things

Post by Al3x »

This didn't work on the latest firmware, there were parts of the original station that did not work such as text missing etc. QNAP have since provided me with licenses.
criminala
Know my way around

Post by criminala »

I have a 459proII QNAP nas which has a license for (i think) at least 2 cameras .
Now i'm looking to buy cameras , but I can't find the compatibility list for the normal non-pro surveillance station . (only for the Pro version http://www.qnap.com/NAS/SurveillancePro_V3.html)

Since QNAP states : "Surveillance Station Pro supports more IP camera models than Surveillance Station" , I would like to see which cameras are on the non-pro compatibility version list .
Looking to buy Foscam FI8910W cameras .

Also I see VMOBILE app is there for version 6.5 of windows mobile ? I have WP8 , any tips on how i can view the cameras from my mobile ?
Qnap 459 pro II Turbo 3gb DDR3 -!- 4x4TB Hitachi 5900rpm RAID 5 -!- USB3 external 4TB Hitachi 7200rpm -!- Eaton Ellipse MAX 1500 UPS
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

criminala wrote:I have a 459proII QNAP nas which has a license for (i think) at least 2 cameras .
For four.
criminala wrote:Now i'm looking to buy cameras , but I can't find the compatibility list for the normal non-pro surveillance station.
www.qnap.com -> Products -> compatibility -> Network Camera provides compatibility tables for Surveillance Station Pro and the legacy Surveillance Station.
criminala wrote:Since QNAP states : "Surveillance Station Pro supports more IP camera models than Surveillance Station" , I would like to see which cameras are on the non-pro compatibility version list . Looking to buy Foscam FI8910W cameras .
The Foscam sniplet from Surveillance Station (Updated 2013/04/22):
  Minimum Firmware M-JPEG MPEG-4 H.264 Motion Detection Pan/Tilt Optical Zoom Audio Notes
Foscam
Foscam FI8904W 3.7 o * * o * * * Note 3
Foscam FI8905W 3.7 o * * o * * * Note 3
Foscam FI8910W 3.7 o * * o o * Note 3
Foscam FI8918W 3.7 o * * o o * Note 3
Curious where you have searched....

As an existing customer, I would challenge QNAP Customer Service to provide you with the three additional licenses you acquired with your NAS, so you can use Surveillance Station Pro.
criminala wrote:Also I see VMOBILE app is there for version 6.5 of windows mobile ? I have WP8 , any tips on how i can view the cameras from my mobile ?
Not a Windows Phone geek - Vmobile does not work on your mobile device?
criminala
Know my way around

Post by criminala »

Ok thank you very much for your help !

Vmobile is not in the windows store , so no way to even try to load it . Sadly .
Qnap 459 pro II Turbo 3gb DDR3 -!- 4x4TB Hitachi 5900rpm RAID 5 -!- USB3 external 4TB Hitachi 7200rpm -!- Eaton Ellipse MAX 1500 UPS
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

criminala wrote:Vmobile is not in the windows store , so no way to even try to load it .
I'll heading out to challenge some product managers for you.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

criminala wrote:Vmobile is not in the windows store , so no way to even try to load it .
I'll heading out to challenge some product managers for you.
criminala
Know my way around

Post by criminala »

Thank you Shumaku , all help is welcome :mrgreen:
Ive sent a message to support trough the online form , and also to licensing (sspro@qnap.com) .
Is this a standard procedure by now in fact ? Or has no one actually received any licenses for the SS pro .
criminala
Know my way around

Post by criminala »

criminala wrote:Thank you Shumaku , all help is welcome :mrgreen:
Ive sent a message to support trough the online form , and also to licensing (sspro@qnap.com) .
Is this a standard procedure by now in fact ? Or has no one actually received any licenses for the SS pro .
Either I'm speaking to the wrong person at QNAP , or they still don't transfer any licenses of people with already purchased products .
From license@qnapsecurity.com.tw , user John , in reply to me asking to transfer my 4 cameralicenses (not 1, i paid for 4) :
Thanks for your reply.
Surveillance Station provide every NAS 4 free license, but Surveillance Station Pro only provide 1 free license.
So after upgrading, you only can see one channel to use.
IF you want more than one channel to use, Please check our license store (http://license.qnap.com/)
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.
from QNAP :
Thanks for your reply.
Surveillance Station provide every NAS 4 free license, but Surveillance Station Pro only provide 1 free license.
Surveillance Station is built in Firmware 3.8 before and Surveillance Station Pro is buildt in Firmware 4.x.x.

If you want have 4 free license, you can remove Surveillance Station Pro and enable Surveillance Station.
Please check the attachment.
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
John

He's starting to sound like a broken record .
Can someone here point me to the right person to get this done ?
Who do I need to speak to ?

Return to “Presales”