Hi all...many doubts before buying...
Postby MarcoGT » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:21 am
this is my first.
I landed here as I am considering to buy a NAS
Idea is to buy a TS-219P but I have many questions; first of all I will tell my "home configuration"
- TV (no DLNA, no connection, quite old, intended to be replaced in next months)
- WiFi Printer
- 2 iPhones
- Samsung galaxy tab
So, what I would need is to centralize all my media so they can be accessible from any devices but I have some questions:
1) If for example I move all my iTunes library to the NAS then will it be available through as "shared library" (on my Macs) or can I set it up as main library?
2) If the iTunes library is on the NAS, when I am not and home AND I do not have internet connection from my MacBook, I do not have music on it...it means I have to keep a copy of the library on my MacBook...right?
3) Backup: at the moment I backup my Macs on an USB external drive. If I set NAS disks in RAID1 (mirroring) and I back up my Macs on them...ok...but RAID1 in not a real backup as if the file system fails on one disk, then it will also fail on the other one, right?
4) Printer: is it possible to connect my printer with WiFi to the NAS so it will be also available through Internet?
Which model do you suggest me?