When will 470 PRO be available for purchase?

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
JohnyBGood
Starting out

Re: When will 470 PRO be available for purchase?

Post by JohnyBGood »

The 2.6GHz non-PRO version is on sale on Amazon.com. Pricier than I thought, which means it'll be pricier still in Canada...
serf
New here

Post by serf »

Yay!!!

Now if they can just get the 670 out the door I will be all set...

The 470 is $1000 which is what the reports have been for months so I'm not sure how much you thought it would be.
JohnyBGood
Starting out

Post by JohnyBGood »

serf wrote:The 470 is $1000 which is what the reports have been for months so I'm not sure how much you thought it would be.
I thought the PRO would be $1k. Perhaps I misunderstood. Transcoding...I'm envious!
serf
New here

Post by serf »

Seems I misread... I see the $1k price being called out for the pro model on some sites. Hmmm
xga
Starting out

Post by xga »

According to page 6 of this Qnap brochure http://www.c-tac.com/Dateien/Hersteller ... de_sup.pdf there are no "non Pro" models in the x70 range. Only TS-470 Pro, TS-670 Pro and TS-870 Pro.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Some bad reseller are unable to list the products in an appropriate way, using the item number (like TS-[NNN]-[Region]) instead of the correct product designation. Suspect they change to the ISBN number instead of book titles, too. Unclear if these are the right places to buy such a product. Yes, before anybody is asking: This kind of resellers are ruining the market - and the ability to provide reasonable pre-sales, what requires some higher margin. What works for book does not work here in my opinion.
serf
New here

Post by serf »

xga wrote:According to page 6 of this Qnap brochure http://www.c-tac.com/Dateien/Hersteller ... de_sup.pdf there are no "non Pro" models in the x70 range. Only TS-470 Pro, TS-670 Pro and TS-870 Pro.

Thanks for the link! I didn't know the ram would be limited to just 2 gig, though:(

Any thoughts on only having two gig? I don't have a device so I have no experience. I'm interested in running many of the modules available today (plex, ad, backups, nsf, iscsi, smb etc).

Don't look at my info, when I signed up I didn't see a NONE selection.
xga
Starting out

Post by xga »

See the reply from QnapJason regarding the 2GB RAM limit on the x70 range in this post http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 57#p344692 .

As it's running an i3 CPU, you should be able to stick an 8GB RAM module in there, just going to take longer than normal to do it. See this YouTube video of someone installing a RAM module in a TS-470 Pro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgcInQgSkhY .
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Here is the rumour - and a lot more confusion to come: There will be different TS-x70 for different markets.

Asia: TS-x70 Pro with a Intel i3 Dual Core at 3.3 GHz (guessing a current, 2013 i3-3220)
Europe, North America: TS-x70 with a 2.6 GHz Dual Core Celeron (guessing a G550 from almost 18 months ago).

All have two stacked, internal SO-DIMM slot, hard to reach, however the video proofs it's possible to update/and/or swap the factory installed SO-DIMM.
frustin
Know my way around

Post by frustin »

Why would they put a lesser CPU on the euro us model? Doesn't make a lot of sense.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

frustin wrote:Why would they put a lesser CPU on the euro us model?
To push the price down by about 100 US$ (CPU cost difference as per Intel ARC) I guess.
frustin wrote:Doesn't make a lot of sense.
Agreed. And in Asia, a newer CPU than what is currently in the TS-x79 Pro and TX-x79U (i3-2120, 10 W higher heat dissipation, ...) does not make any sense either ... unless they are updating these series at the same time.
Last edited by schumaku on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

schumaku wrote:Here is the rumour - and a lot more confusion to come: There will be different TS-x70 for different markets.
Asia: TS-x70 Pro with a Intel i3 Dual Core at 3.3 GHz (guessing a current, 2013 i3-3220)
Europe, North America: TS-x70 with a 2.6 GHz Dual Core Celeron (guessing a G550 from almost 18 months ago).
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
xga
Starting out

Post by xga »

Checking the Chinese Qnap forum, there was a post on the TS-470 Pro on Friday 23rd of August http://forum.qnap.com.tw/viewtopic.php? ... c3c8674043 .

Google translate gives the following :

"Tyfwk01 Hello hardware and software specifications due to the addition of new features, so delays in some time, like him to forgive me. Expected next Monday on the website will PO content on TS-470Pro for customer inquiries, to buy time in the shop by the regional situation is slightly different, basically in this work will be completed within two weeks. Thank you. Regards"

So sounds like there is still going to be a few weeks before the new TS-x70 range is released and that there are going to be different models for different regions as schumaku suggested.
serf
New here

Post by serf »

xga wrote:According to page 6 of this Qnap brochure http://www.c-tac.com/Dateien/Hersteller ... de_sup.pdf there are no "non Pro" models in the x70 range. Only TS-470 Pro, TS-670 Pro and TS-870 Pro.

So would this PDF just contain stale data then since it calls out an i3 for all iterations?
serf
New here

Post by serf »

I just checked amazon and they are advertising the proc as a dual core 2.6, not an i3 3.3 ghz.

Return to “Presales”