When will 470 PRO be available for purchase?

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
irev210
Starting out

When will 470 PRO be available for purchase?

Post by irev210 »

Hello,

I saw that at CEBIT QNAP had the HS-470 PRO on display - any idea when there will be availability?

LarsN
Experience counts

Re: When will 470 PRO be available for purchase?

Post by LarsN »

QNAP has as yet not announced availability or pricing I'm afraid.
frustin
Know my way around

Post by frustin »

i'm going to wait for that, my ts-419p is getting a bit dated. not doing very well with couch and SAB running.
azzola
Getting the hang of things

Post by azzola »

Image is not so clear but it seems to be written:

_2 Gb RAM
_Wifi built in
_USB3 etc
_10 Gbit ready

But best of all

_CPU Core i? !! May be not the best on consumption but on performance vs atom is another world!

I'll wait a bit again for my new buy (even if due to so many problems, delays, bugs etc for so long, i started considering a non QNAP NAS like S... (The only real alternative, even if not so customizable but by now more stable, cured and up2date). I really hope to change idea but we need, as customers, a strong Message from stableness and updates! More then new features, important but secondary compared to the last 2 needs! Seems QNAP started listening, hold on!

Good evening
TS-259 Pro+
TS-870 Pro (Upgraded to Xeon E3-1265L v2 and 16Gb RAM)
silas

Post by silas »

Well, the Core i3 CPU makes the unit very efficient and ready to run smoothly multiple network applications and services on it. In same time it allows you to smoothly playback High Definition high encoded content with no-risk of lags or the frame drops.

Frankly speaking it's a good choice for the people who are newbies in NAS solutions... As I see, especially on ARM platform based units, users are just enabling all the netowrk services, they install all available QPKG's and makes the eg. TS-212 which has only 256Mb RAM out of memory because of these idle-services.

Any new started tasks (eg. file operations over the shares), instead of using RAM are done in a Swap - so... very very slow.

The upcoming new firmware which was also shown on a Cebit is dong job well. In the begining I was thinking it will work very slow and will eat many resources - let's go and see most HTML5 sites how these one are slow. But seems like the QNAP guys make the framework fast.

... But I'm wonder how the Core i3 will make a job with Deduplication enabled on a drivers.
Friesian
New here

Post by Friesian »

Will be interesting to see the price as well. The new Netgear models seem to compare very well (better in some respects) the the current QNap i3 models (x79) but are *very* much cheaper. The power of the x79 is what I'm looking for but the price seems *massively* overinflated to me and the product cannot justify it.
xga
Starting out

Post by xga »

Some more information on the 470 PRO announced today at Computex 2013. http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feature- ... technology

Looks like the model name has changed from HS-470 PRO to TS-470 PRO. Disappointing that the RAM is locked at 2GB, but impressive that the i3 CPU is able to play 4K content.

Anyone know anything about pricing or release dates?
QNAPJason
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPJason »

Hi xga,
The RAM default is 2GB.
You can replace the SO-DIMM RAM on your own.
However, due to the complex design inside and large heatsink, if users want to change the RAM, it will require taking around 80% of the parts. That is why we do not officially claim the RAM as upgradable.
xga
Starting out

Post by xga »

Thanks Jason. That is nice to know.

Are you able to indicate when the TS-470 PRO will go on the market for sale?
jas2000
Starting out

Post by jas2000 »

august 2013
price
1000 usd for the ts-470
1300 usd for the ts-670

they are out of mind...
frustin
Know my way around

Post by frustin »

source?
jas2000
Starting out

Post by jas2000 »

http://www.tomshw.it/cont/news/nas-qnap ... 441/1.html

it's in italian.
the journalist asked at the qnap's stand if they can provide any information about price and availability. They say august 2013 and they price it will be around 1000 usd for the 4bay and 1300 usd for the 6bay
QNAPJason
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPJason »

Hi guys,
This TS-x70 Pro has a PCI-E slot for more Gigabit ports or even 10GbE for business use.
Moreover, the i3 CPU allows hardware-accelerated transcoding for:
e.g.
DLNA streaming (e.g. we can make your smart TV play other formats that your smart TV cannot normally play)
On-the-fly video playback via File Station over Internet (3G/Wi-Fi)
On-the-fly video playback via Qfile on iOS & Android
Friesian
New here

Post by Friesian »

Thanks Jason.
Is there anything fundamentally different between new *70 models and the *79 models other than drive bays? It looks to me as if it's really only the form factor which is changing (the the upgradability of the RAM but I'm assuming that's imposed due to physical constraints rather than by design) - which is fine, just looking to be clear.

Many thanks
QNAPJason
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPJason »

Hi Friesian,
yes, the internal hardware parts are different between x79 & x70.
x79 still has better components over x70 and can support Xeon CPUs

Return to “Presales”