FTP Downloads restart themselve

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
metalboy127
Starting out

FTP Downloads restart themselve

Post by metalboy127 »

I'm using download station for downloading things from my seedbox. But sometimes, I can see that a file is at let say 95% and when I look at it later it's at 15%. So it's like the FTP download are sometime restarting. I also got a similar issue before where my file was showing 100% in the Download manager but there was nothing in the download folder. Anybody got this same issue?
metalboy127
Starting out

Re: FTP Downloads restart themselve

Post by metalboy127 »

I have some more information about this bug now. It seems that this issue is happening when the download are completed. When downloads reach 99%, I can see the remaining time going down and at the end of the countdown FTP downloads stay at 99%. At this point, there is no download or upload speed shown. After a moment, I can see a negative number in the download field (-3 something, -3453534232 for example), but I could not see if there was a "MB" at the end. After another short moment, downloads go back at a random download percentage and continue downloading normally.

What I already tried:

Remove FTP downloads and put them back.
Replace the "ftp://user@server" by only "ftp://server" in the adress.

What I did not tried:

Reboot NAS (I don't want to do so each time it's not working)

I also forgot to tell that I'm using the TS-269L NAS on the 4.1.0 BUILD 0612 firmware.
metalboy127
Starting out

Post by metalboy127 »

This morning I got a little surprise: my downloads was in "Failed" states, but each of them was at 100%. I quickly watched the videos I downloaded and they seem working good. Still, another weird thing with the Download Station.
metalboy127
Starting out

Post by metalboy127 »

I found that when I set the FTP to move to a different folder at the end everything works fine. I'm wondering if there is not a problem when you set a "move to" folder that is the same as the download folder. Like the NAS is trying to move the file at the same place and it overwrite itself. I will do more testing to see if it's always working when I configure my downloads to move to a different folder.
metalboy127
Starting out

Post by metalboy127 »

After testing it with 4 other files, it appear that if file are asked to be moving to a different folder than the one where they are downloaded, FTP downloads ends up well at 100% and move correctly to the asked folder. So that somewhat confirm my thought where the files are trying to move to the same folder after the download is finished and they overwrite themselves. Any fix for this bug?
metalboy127
Starting out

Post by metalboy127 »

metalboy127 wrote:After testing it with 4 other files, it appear that if file are asked to be moving to a different folder than the one where they are downloaded, FTP downloads ends up well at 100% and move correctly to the asked folder. So that somewhat confirm my thought where the files are trying to move to the same folder after the download is finished and they overwrite themselves. Any fix for this bug?
After further testing, the bug is there even if files are asked to be moved to a different folder after downloading. When I look at the files in Windows Explorer, I can see them increasing in size, and then, when they reach 99%, size stop increasing and goes back to 0 KB. After, the download station detect that the file is a zero percent and start back the download. Any recommandations? Please!
metalboy127
Starting out

Post by metalboy127 »

I am still working with QNAP engineers and QA Team to solve this issue. I'll let you know when it will be fixed.
metalboy127
Starting out

Post by metalboy127 »

Fixed since long time ago. Sorry!

Return to “Download Station and QGet”