Download station not moving files

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
frank3427
New here

Download station not moving files

Post by frank3427 »

It seems that download station no longer moves the files to the selected directory, it only places them in the Qdownload directory. I have several directories for various catagories, when I set a file or group of files to download, I select the direct to move the completed download to. the download does not appear in the directory.
pwilson
Guru

Re: Download station not moving files

Post by pwilson »

frank3427 wrote:It seems that download station no longer moves the files to the selected directory, it only places them in the Qdownload directory. I have several directories for various catagories, when I set a file or group of files to download, I select the direct to move the completed download to. the download does not appear in the directory.
From an SSH session to your NAS, what is the output of:

Code: Select all

getcfg BTDownload "HTTP_FTP Move Completed Task Folder"
testparm -s -l --section-name=Qdownload --parameter-name=path 2>/dev/null
testparm -s -l --section-name=Download --parameter-name=path 2>/dev/null
#done

BTW: What version of Download Station are you using?

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
u171173
First post

Post by u171173 »

I've the same problem. The output is correct:

[~] # getcfg BTDownload "HTTP_FTP Move Completed Task Folder"
Download
[~] # testparm -s -l --section-name=Qdownload --parameter-name=path 2>/dev/null
/share/HDA_DATA/Qdownload
[~] # testparm -s -l --section-name=Download --parameter-name=path 2>/dev/null
/share/HDC_DATA/Download

but the completed files are only in Qdownload and are not moved to Download folder
twil21
Starting out

Post by twil21 »

I have a TS-212P v4.1.1. I set it up so it would download in downloads, then "move" it to multimedia. The downloaded torrent was never moved to multimedia.

If i set it up download directly in Multimedia, it will download it there.
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

u171173 wrote:I've the same problem. The output is correct:

Download
/share/HDA_DATA/Qdownload
/share/HDC_DATA/Download

but the completed files are only in Qdownload and are not moved to Download folder
You can't "move" files between "different" Volumes. Files actually need to be "copied" and then the original file "deleted" if these directories exist on different Volumes. If you put your "HTTP_FTP Move Completed Task Folder" back to /share/HDA_DATA/folder it will probably work.

For those of us that are using RAID solutions, our Volumes span drives, so this isn't a problem, as they are still a single Volume. You are using risky Single Drive volumes instead of RAID, so each of your drives represents a different Volume. (Yet another reason to avoid risky Single Drive volumes).

Unfortunately we can't help much with your "Not Selected" NAS model as listed on your Forum profile. If you can't figure out how to list your NAS Model in your Forum profile properly, please provide this "useful" information in every post you make to this Forum, so that we can actually help you.

Have you considered submitting a ticket with the QNAP Helpdesk for this issue?

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
Oruvin
New here

Post by Oruvin »

I have the very same problem - Download station not moving files.

In the settings I have indicated to save temporary files in /Download folder, and when completed, move it to /Multimedia folder, however, it keeps them in /Download folder, without moving. And there are also stays some temp file, so when task is completed, I have 2 new files in /Download folder - myfile.avi and myfile.avi.fastresume

I'd like to do/have the following - Use subfolder /Download/BT for temp files and after completion I'd like finished torrents to be moved to /Multimedia folder. I have managed to add /Download/BT folder as "watched folder". I have just 1 volume on raid5.

[~] # getcfg BTDownload 'Torrent Folder'
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.torrent
[~] # ln -sf /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.torrent /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Download/BT

Multimedia
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Download
[~] # #done

Thanks in advance.
pbjorkkvist
Starting out

Post by pbjorkkvist »

You guys seems like you what your doing but just to be sure, you don't have the seeding ratio set to some value ?
This is a really dum soulution, but DS will not move the file until the set ratio is reached.
Oruvin
New here

Post by Oruvin »

Indeed, when setting seeding ratio to 0%, finished download was moved to correct folder, however torrent won't seed anymore (cant start it, until change seeding ratio). It's just unbelievable how low on features and settings Qnap DL station is, compared to Synology (which I came from). I was trying rtorrent, but it's even bigger disaster (constant errors, settings not saved etc etc). Sigh.
twil21
Starting out

Post by twil21 »

I am also dissapointed in what I have bought. I picked Qnap over Synology because it had a few pluses at hardware, but it seems i have picked wrong. Synology's software is much more polished than qnap's. Sorry Qnap, but you are behind!
pbjorkkvist
Starting out

Post by pbjorkkvist »

I solved it by using Transmission instead. Then you can move the files and still seed the torrents.
But yes, QNAP has ALOT of room for improvements on there own torrent client.
serik
New here

Post by serik »

Transmission is not support any more I back to square one. Download station doesn't move completed files. I'm really angry of new QNAPs updates.

Return to “Download Station and QGet”