Download YouTube Without QGet

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
nitehawk
Starting out

Download YouTube Without QGet

Post by nitehawk »

Is it possible to download YouTube videos from Download Station without QGet?

Thank you.
pwilson
Guru

Re: Download YouTube Without QGet

Post by pwilson »

nitehawk wrote:Is it possible to download YouTube videos from Download Station without QGet?

Thank you.
Simply install HappyGet2 from the App Center.

Developer : Dogulus Kaien
Maintainer : Dogulus Kaien
Resource : Forum Tutorial
Language : English
Description :
HappyGet is your personal video backup tool, which can back up your videos from cloud platforms to your NAS. In the cloud era, smart phones, tablets, and digital cameras may all be connected by the internet. They can easily be used to upload videos to cloud video platforms, such as YouTube and Picasa. However, end devices may be connected to several video platforms and people in one family may upload videos using different accounts. The NAS provides a personal cloud solution to share videos in one family. With HappyGet, you can easily back up videos from the cloud to the NAS and keep them synchronized all the time.

Supported video platforms:
  1. Youtube
  2. Facebook (including photos)
  3. Vimeo
  4. NicoNico

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
mashreghi
First post

Post by mashreghi »

Try online web based free Youtube Downloader :
http://www.video-dl.com

nitehawk
Starting out

Post by nitehawk »

HappyGet2 requires Chrome extension to be installed on my desktop thereby limiting its usability. I wish to schedule videos from download station independent of my desktop so that I don't need to keep the desktop switched on while it is been download.

QGget has the same behaviour as HappyGet.

Download Station will be more useful if it can work independently.
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

nitehawk wrote:HappyGet2 requires Chrome extension to be installed on my desktop thereby limiting its usability. I wish to schedule videos from download station independent of my desktop so that I don't need to keep the desktop switched on while it is been download.

QGget has the same behaviour as HappyGet.

Download Station will be more useful if it can work independently.
I don't understand why this is an issue. What Operating System are you using?

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters

schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

nitehawk wrote: I wish to schedule videos from download station independent of my desktop so that I don't need to keep the desktop switched on while it is been download.
You don't have to: Once a download job is submitted to Download Station (by the Download Station WebUI, Qget (Windows/OS X/iOS, Android), ...) the download happens on the NAS independent - your desktop, your mobile phone, or tablet can be switched off.
nitehawk
Starting out

Post by nitehawk »

schumaku wrote:
nitehawk wrote: I wish to schedule videos from download station independent of my desktop so that I don't need to keep the desktop switched on while it is been download.
You don't have to: Once a download job is submitted to Download Station (by the Download Station WebUI, Qget (Windows/OS X/iOS, Android), ...) the download happens on the NAS independent - your desktop, your mobile phone, or tablet can be switched off.
If there not a way where I can add YouTube url directly without a laptop?

What can be downloaded directly from Download Station?
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

nitehawk wrote:
schumaku wrote:
If there not a way where I can add YouTube url directly without a laptop?

What can be downloaded directly from Download Station?
You should be able to access https://XXXXXXXX.myqnapcloud.com:8081/hg2/ via the Webbrowser on any of your devices, if you install HappyGet2 on your NAS. HappyGet2 simply submits your YouTube request to Download Station to do the actual download for you.

I already suggested this, but you completely ignored my suggestion.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

i use freedownloadmanager from my pc to download youtube
https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

happyget is still useful if you need to download to your qnap if you are offsite without access to your own storage, so you would remotely download to your qnap via happyget using only a browser to access it (assuming you had previously setup remote access to it)

Otherwise i'd just use FDM and store it at any location i pick for it :wink:
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin

Return to “Download Station and QGet”