torrent client?

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
JamesRist
Starting out

torrent client?

Post by JamesRist »

Hello

My favorite Bittorrent Tracker doesn´t allow Qnap Torrent client.I would like to contact the Tracker team and ask them if it is possible to add Qnap Torrent client to positiv list,but I must know first what client is working in latest firmware from 0324.Can somebody here say me what is the name of this client?

Regards
Qnap TS 109 with latest stable rls
active Download Station
active FTP-Server
active rtorrent
JamesRist
Starting out

Re: torrent client?

Post by JamesRist »

After some tests I found out that name of client is "client_test/0.13.0.0"!Isn´t it better to use some official torrent client like rtorrent or somethink else?How should I write to the Tracker team and say "Hey please add this client to positiv list" if nobody have ever seen this client before?
Qnap TS 109 with latest stable rls
active Download Station
active FTP-Server
active rtorrent
smedberg
New here

Post by smedberg »

I agree.

You should use the name of the client you are using or have you written your own client for qnap?
terborn
First post

Post by terborn »

I have the same issue with my favorite (private) tracker. Simply can't download torrents at all. So, what should I say to the administrators - the client name "client_test" seems very peculiar and I doubt the tracker admins would add that name to supported clients...

Anyone heard any new status on this issue?
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Hi we are implementing the client id changer feature in our next firmware release
=============================================================>>>
TS-659-Pro [RAID6] rtorrent+SABnzbdplus+SickBeard+Couchpotato [Best PVR] Plex+PMS [Ultimate Streamer]
Apple iPad [Best Tablet] HTC One M8 [Mobile Phone] Samsung UA46ES6100 [My Screen] KRK Rokit 6 [Audio Speakers]
Chrome Cast [Screen Casting] Philips Hue [Personal Lighing]
Buffalo WZR-1750DHP [My Wifi Hub] D-Link DGS-1005D [Gbit Network]
=============================================================>>>
mack
New here

Post by mack »

No news about this problem?
i cant download :?
crashray
Know my way around

Post by crashray »

QNAPAndy wrote:Hi we are implementing the client id changer feature in our next firmware release
Good news :P WIth this, we can say to the tracker that we use a "rtorren" application ? Is it cheat ?
Image iMac alu 24" - 2.8 Ghz - 4 Go RAM - 320Go DD - 500 Go Lacie USB TimeMachine
Image iPhone 3G 8 Go
QNAP TS-409 with 4 WD 1 To in RAID 5
BigBadaBoom
New here

Post by BigBadaBoom »

QNAPAndy wrote:Hi we are implementing the client id changer feature in our next firmware release
If I see this correctly the last firmware release is from May 2008 while the post is from April 2008.
I can't find that option in the web admin. :(
Any news?
fribse
Experience counts

Post by fribse »

Under the firmware forum, Andy posted a bit more info on this.
Best regards
Fribse

NO, RAID is NOT backup - Use RAID-Certified 24x7 drives for raid
HOWTO's:
Make automatic backup of ALL MySQL databases http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15628

NAS-659 Pro II (3 GB Ram), Raid1, Survailance station, local backup destination + NAS-853A (16 GB Ram), Virtualization Station, Plex, iDrive
Network: Fritz!Box 7560 + 24p SG200 + 2x8p SG200 + 8p POE EdgeCore + 300/300 mbit Internet
phazon
Starting out

Post by phazon »

fribse wrote:Under the firmware forum, Andy posted a bit more info on this.
Link? I couldn't find anything clear.

Thanks
phazon
Starting out

Post by phazon »

phazon wrote:
fribse wrote:Under the firmware forum, Andy posted a bit more info on this.
Link? I couldn't find anything clear.

Thanks
C'mon fribse, post a link to give us some more detail on this. You state there is a specific comment on this topic, well I've searched and I can find nothing additional on this, by Andy or anyone else. I look forward to being pointed at the correct place, and my searching skills to be proved to be crap :) .
fribse
Experience counts

Post by fribse »

Hmm, can't find the article. But from the darkest corners of my memory, it was something like it was implemented in software, but it didn't make it to the current firmware, but it will be there soon.

Sorry for not being of more help
Best regards
Fribse

HOWTO's:
Make automatic backup of ALL MySQL databases http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15628

NAS-659 Pro II (3 GB Ram), Raid1, Survailance station, local backup destination + NAS-853A (16 GB Ram), Virtualization Station, Plex, iDrive
Network: Fritz!Box 7560 + 24p SG200 + 2x8p SG200 + 8p POE EdgeCore + 300/300 mbit Internet
phazon
Starting out

Post by phazon »

OK, well thanks for replying.

Maybe one of the QNAP guys can shed some light on this?
Initram5
Starting out

Post by Initram5 »

Please, I also need the help of Qnap.
I can not download from Vortex Network! Pls, give me support and technical help.
fribse
Experience counts

Post by fribse »

Initram5 wrote:Please, I also need the help of Qnap.
I can not download from Vortex Network! Pls, give me support and technical help.
I would suggest you make a new thread, and give more info on which problems you encounter (I have no idea what vortex is)..
Some bittorrent sites ban the client used by qnap, but I have no idea if that's the case here.
Best regards
Fribse

HOWTO's:

Return to “Download Station and QGet”