HELP!! TV via HomeRunHD managed by my NAS

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
fatalattempt
First post

HELP!! TV via HomeRunHD managed by my NAS

Post by fatalattempt »

I have been trying for weeks now to get my TS-453 PRO to use either the built in apps either PLEX or KODI/XBMC to allow me to watch my HomeRunHD through my NAS and allow me record the content straight to my NAS HDD. I have made absolutely zero progress.

Right now I have my HomeRunHD working properly on my Win 7 computer through Windows Media Center, and I am using my Xbox as an extender. That works fantastically, but that requires my Win 7 machine to have to stay on or the TV signal does not work, and recordings will not happen. Whats more is that I can not have my WMC record to my NAS because of limitation of the software. So I would have to record onto my SSD on my Win 7, and then have a program that monitors that folder and transfers the files to my NAS. Problem is, I still have to leave my Win 7 machine on at all times.

These are my questions that I need help with...
1. Do I have any options to watch/record TV off my HomeRunHD on my NAS with out of the box software?
- If not, do I have any options for easily installed programs that will allow me to use Plex/Kodi as my front end? Is there an adequate walk through for this install?
2. Can I use visualization to create a Win 7 machine on my NAS and install Windows Media Center and have WMC record directly to the drives on the NAS?
- If not, can I invest in a small machine, like an Intel NUC run Win 7 on it with WMC, use iSCSI to make a virtual drive and use it that way?
3. I installed MythBox as a plugin for my Kodi/XBMC but when I go to run MythBox it has a screen that shows me a bunch of menus that says "Script 4002,4003 etc" It has zero information on what I am supposed to do. Is that operating correctly? Is there a walkthrough for setting that up correctly?

The problem I am having is getting any good walkthrough guide in setting up streaming TV to my NAS. All the guides are either outdated, and no longer a good walkthrough or not complete in stepping me through the setup.

Please help direct me to anything that will help me solve this problem. I am at my wits end here.
cskenney
New here

Re: HELP!! TV via HomeRunHD managed by my NAS

Post by cskenney »

You can watch your HDHomeHD live stream with Kodi using an add-on but it won't record. Plex and Kodi (XMBC) are all front end programs and to record you need a backend server.

I have a TS-451 with added RAM and have run a couple VM's on it. I have never tried what you are describing but I might have some time tonight to give it a try. I have access to Win7 with WMC that I can try (often won't work if the hardware isn't good enough). There are also some PVR backends like MythTV that are linux distros that may work.

I think your problem with MythBox may be if you don't have a MythTV server running on your network.
erlindbl
First post

Re: HELP!! TV via HomeRunHD managed by my NAS

Post by erlindbl »

I am looking to do the same thing. I would like to run WMC in a virtual machine (Windows 7) as a PVR with a Ceton infini6 tuner as I have TWC and their "copy once" channels. I was also wondering if anyone is running this set-up and any problems I might run into.

Return to “Media Streaming”