Video playback stuttering

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
Therobot
New here

Video playback stuttering

Post by Therobot »

All,

I've received my TS-251 and started to load some video on it. However I noticed that when I play video directly from the NAS there is stuttering. I have my NAS connected via HDMI-->Receiver-->TV. I have tried video playback on Plex Media Server, Kodi app, and via chrome(youtube), different videos consistently the same problem whether saved to the NAS disk or streaming from the internet. For the local files I have tried .mkv vs .mp4 video files and both stutter.

If I playback the same video via Plex app on my Amazon Fire TV there is no stuttering and the quality is good.

Is there a setting or something that I may have missed that can resolve this? I would have expected playback directly from the source(NAS) to be better than through another device.

Again, any help would be appreciated.
barsness
Starting out

Re: Video playback stuttering

Post by barsness »

Where you ever able to find a solution to this?
Webbie2017
New here

Post by Webbie2017 »

Hi, I'm having the same issue on my TS-251+. Video playback over the network is faultless via plex. However locally when playing through HDMI it stutters and has 2 or so horizontal lines dragging through scenes (particularly action scenes). I've tried locally Plex, locally playing through the File Station, Netflix playing through Chrome App and all have the same issue.
tj2988
First post

Post by tj2988 »

This exact problem is happening with my 251+
Was a solution ever discovered?
Appreciate any help
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

playing back with what player?