[HELP] Can't add folder on second drive to Media Library.

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
TxBobS
Starting out

Re: [HELP] Can't add folder on second drive to Media Library

Post by TxBobS »

I found it. I'm trying the 4.1 beta now for the 219.
jmv
Know my way around

Post by jmv »

I have the same issue with firmware 4.1.1 on TS-239 Pro II+

Any ideas ?
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

jmv wrote:I have the same issue with firmware 4.1.1 on TS-239 Pro II+

Any ideas ?
There have been at least 3 Builds of QTS 4.1.1, yet no one necroposting on this old thread is bothering to provide their "Build" numbers. I wish I could do some testing on my NAS for you, unfortunately my NAS only has a single RAID5 Volume, so I simply am not using a configuration that permits me to test this for you on QTS 4.1.1 Build 20140927.

Hsve any of you successfully created "shares" on your secondary Volumes?

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
jmv
Know my way around

Post by jmv »

Hi Patrick,

I do have a share that points to a folder on my external sata drive using a soft link and that works fine.
However adding that shared folder as a Media folder fails.

Does the fact that your NAS is RAID5 prevents you from connecting an external drive for testing ?
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

jmv wrote:I do have a share that points to a folder on my external sata drive using a soft link and that works fine.
However adding that shared folder as a Media folder fails.

You can not add removable media to the Media Library under all versions of the Firmware to date. This is not the same issue.
jmv wrote:Does the fact that your NAS is RAID5 prevents you from connecting an external drive for testing ?
No need. What you want is not supported.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters

jmv
Know my way around

Post by jmv »

Ok thanks Patrick.
Did not know it was Not supported.
Hurricane
New here

Post by Hurricane »

I use TS-653 and the latest FW 4.1.4. I have 2 storage pools with different volumes. I can add folder to Medialibrary only from the first storage pool which contains NAS default folders. I could not use shared folders from the second storage pool. Any workaround? When this annoying bug will be fixed?
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Hurricane wrote:I use TS-653 and the latest FW 4.1.4. I have 2 storage pools with different volumes. I can add folder to Medialibrary only from the first storage pool which contains NAS default folders. I could not use shared folders from the second storage pool. Any workaround? When this annoying bug will be fixed?
This issue was fixed a longer time ago, it must be possible to add shared folders (and subfolders) as media folders, regardless of the storage volume.

What is the effect you are experiencing? Folder form non-primary storage volumes not listed, added but disappearing, disappearing when re-open the media folder management, ...?
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

TxBobS wrote:Is this coming to the 219p model? 4.1 is currently not listed for this model.
Check out the TS-219P Firmware Download page.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

jpong2226
First post

Post by jpong2226 »

schumaku wrote:
Hurricane wrote:I use TS-653 and the latest FW 4.1.4. I have 2 storage pools with different volumes. I can add folder to Medialibrary only from the first storage pool which contains NAS default folders. I could not use shared folders from the second storage pool. Any workaround? When this annoying bug will be fixed?
This issue was fixed a longer time ago, it must be possible to add shared folders (and subfolders) as media folders, regardless of the storage volume.

What is the effect you are experiencing? Folder form non-primary storage volumes not listed, added but disappearing, disappearing when re-open the media folder management, ...?
I just purchase a TS-563 with latest FW 4.1.4. I have 2 storage pools with different volumes. I can only add folder from the first storage pool which contains NAS default folders to the Media Library. I cannot add shared folder from the 2nd storage pool to Media library. When I tried to added the shared folder from non-primary storage volumne, it but disappear after I press the apply button. Is there any workaround?
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

jpong2226 wrote:
schumaku wrote:
I just purchase a TS-563 with latest FW 4.1.4. I have 2 storage pools with different volumes. I can only add folder from the first storage pool which contains NAS default folders to the Media Library. I cannot add shared folder from the 2nd storage pool to Media library. When I tried to added the shared folder from non-primary storage volumne, it but disappear after I press the apply button. Is there any workaround?
Potential recursion? Potentially an incomplete update? Contact QNAP Customer Service please.

Afraid, I have no more 4.1.4 system with the Media Library active anymore and wont test on the business systems.
LeroyDarcey
First post

Re: [HELP] Can't add folder on second drive to Media Library.

Post by LeroyDarcey »

I just purchased a 453-mini running on 4.1.4 Build 20150910.

I have 3 drives: Disk 1 and 2 configured as a Raid 1 pair on a single volume without storage pool, Disk 3 standalone as a single volume without storage pool.

I am able to see all folders across all volumes when trying to add another Media Folder under Multimedia Management -> Media Folder -> Add. I can successfully add folders across only the first volume (Disk 1 and 2, where all the default folders reside) but not the second volume (Disk 3). They appear in the list after I select and click "Add", but when I click "Apply" the folders disappear from the list, i.e. not added.

It appears to be the same problem as OP but I am on the latest firmware which was "supposedly" to have solved this issue. I have read through this forum and some users (in the past, on older firmware) has skirted this issue by running all disks on Raid 5 as a single volume, but that is not what I want.

The RAID 1 set up is for crucial data back up while the other Disk is used exclusively as a dispensable Media Server.

Appreciate if anyone can offer your input and hopefully solve this problem. Thank you!
riker1@gmx.net
Starting out

Post by riker1@gmx.net »

Hi
have the same problem

Can not add any folder to the Media Folder .

After selecting a folder it appears in the list.
but after apply all button. Folder disapear again.

QNAP ts-412 Software version 4.2.
IainF
Getting the hang of things

Post by IainF »

Have the same issue.
I wanted to scan a Lightroom library but every time I added the folder it disappeared from the media folder list, no matter what I did.
Ended up deactivating the media library (this then shows zero photos etc.) then re-activating it.
Then added the folder I wanted, it showed the 'I'm thinking' whirling thing for a minute and then the selected folder disappeared from the list as normal.

However, the QNAP then started indexing and is currently in progress. When it's finished I'll look at Photo station to see what's there.

Still doesn't seem right however.

Cheers
Iain
IainF
Getting the hang of things

Post by IainF »

Sorry, technically I guess this isn't from a second drive, just from a shared folder on the QNAP.

My apologies if this is not relevant to the thread

Cheers
Iain

Return to “Media Streaming”