access NAS from ipad for school kids

iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android
mrstrong
Starting out

access NAS from ipad for school kids

Post by mrstrong »

Hi,

what are my options for accessing a TS-269Pro Version 3.8.1 from an ipad running iOS 8.3

It's for primary school kids: I want them to be able to upload and download stuff to the NAS.

I don't want them to have too much power to mess things up. The simpler the better.

E.g. in most apps they know how to click the share button where they get the option to AirDrop, Mail etc.

Something like "send to NAS" then an option to select a folder would be good, and a simple file browser type
app to access the NAS shares for download if this is possible?

Open to any suggestions that would work in a school setting.

Thanks
Terrin12
First post

Re: access NAS from ipad for school kids

Post by Terrin12 »

That is really interesting!! I am so glad to know all this. I am a teacher at Phoenix kindergarten and use these kinds of stuff to teach kids. By using such interesting stuff the studies can be made enjoyable. Isn’t it true?
Trexx
Ask me anything

Re: access NAS from ipad for school kids

Post by Trexx »

In terms of uploading/downloading files to the NAS, QNAP has serveral IOS applications in the App Store. QFile is probably a good starting point. You can limit their power to mess things up via giving them each dedicated logins on your QNAP and then restricting those accounts to a limited # of applications/folders.

There is currently no QNAP integration into the "Share/Activities" capabilities of IOS that I could find just doing a quick look.

As far as access your NAS remotely on their iPAD, the most common way of doing that would be to leverage QNAP's MyQNAPCloud capability. You would need to upgrade your QNAP though to v4.x firmware to gain that functionality.

You can find out more information about it HERE and HERE
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq

Return to “Mobile Devices”