Streaming to Android

iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android
astronyu
Starting out

Re: Streaming to Android

Post by astronyu »

alex919 wrote:Root your phone, install a kernel that support cifs.ko, install cifs manager and astro. Using this method, I can even stream 720p videos through wifi to my galaxy s.
Found out the issue. I ran songbird and it put all music into respective folder while my twonky still reading old database. Solution, I rebuild the database.

Now, new problem.
Video playing. I can hear the sound but no video?

Phone is rooted Desire with custom ROM
hfx9
Getting the hang of things

Post by hfx9 »

Yes cifs is best way for play remote any media from nas box.
I use this and all works great.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Qnap TS-210 - 1x Samsung 2TB SpinPoint F4EG HD204UI
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel Mad
New here

Post by Colonel Mad »

Install "Twonky Mobile" from the market, assuming your android phone (we have Desire HD & Wildfire) is connected to your network, and you have the Twonky server working on your NAS. just open the app, select say, music, then the setup will begin, set Twonkymedia on your NAS as the library and "my phone" as the player and rock & roll.
dgera
New here

Post by dgera »

I've got an HTC Wildfire (I've also tested this on a Desire successfully) and in order to stream music I've put my music on a web server with a .m3u file that lists the file names. Then all I need to do is punch in my url from my android, click on a link to the .m3u file and android will play the music using any streaming app. I use Just Playlists (free on Android market) and it works a treat. It can also be used to play internet radio. It works best on wifi but works ok on 3G too.
Blue_Arsed_Fly
First post

Post by Blue_Arsed_Fly »

Made a post about this in another thread &, at the risk of coming across as a spammer, i reckon this is bound to be of interest:

BritTV.co.uk

The first site to offer UK TV streams from outside the UK on iPhone & iPad. I reckon this is going to be huge.
canedivenafro
First post

Post by canedivenafro »

Hi

I have a naS Ts-410 with twonky server 6.0.34, I began to test it from the first version of twonky, associated with my mobile phone motorola defy, but without success!!

I'll be more precise!! With DLNA client or also with 2player or andromoto or other app player I'm not able to play music without have interruption or line fallen. It's a very strange problem, Sometimes it works correctly and more times dont work or it begin to play music and after is not more able to find the twonky server. But the wifi work correctly!

I have checked Twonky server that work correctly
I have used also other DLNA client like tvmobili but with same result
I have test it with two different router tplink and actually with netgear wdn3700
My nas have the latest frmware version 3.5 but the problem there was also with previous firmware version.

I have not been able to find a solution or understand what is the real problem!!!

There is some other people with the same o similar problem???

I would only listen my music collection using modern and expensive technology.. bought... nothing else :-D

bye and thank at all
Felix1
Starting out

Post by Felix1 »

I also have a TS410 and have upgraded Twonky on my NAS to the latest version. However Twonky on my Android CANNOT find the library on the NAS. I've tried so many times!

Anyone have the same problem or a fix?
mikehughesemail
Starting out

Post by mikehughesemail »

+1

Have also used the last 3 or 4 versions of Twonky on the NAS (Have 6.0.34 at the moment). Also tried many versions of Twonky on Android, but also constant issues and it has never worked. Always get MIME issues with supported files on my NAS. Android's frustratingly limited media playing abilities eg. can't play .M4V with Dolby (not AAC) is a killer. I think Twonky is in decline ....

Have got other DLNA clients to work with Media players on the Android client also. But it is way too 'flakey' ie. too complex for the girl of the house.
colheath
New here

Post by colheath »

alex919 wrote:Root your phone, install a kernel that support cifs.ko, install cifs manager and astro. Using this method, I can even stream 720p videos through wifi to my galaxy s.
This looks ideal, what do you enter in the share path? i.e I want to access Qmultimedia and my NAS IP is 192.168.0.3

Edit: I worked it out thanks
DanDiplo
New here

Post by DanDiplo »

I've used an app called 2Player to stream music, which works well with Twonky (and probably any other DNLA server). It only handles music, though, and not pictures or video. Another player worth looking at is BubbleUPnP, though I haven't tried it.

Then, of course, there is also the official Twonky Music app and the Twonky Video app, which presumably should work :)

Return to “Mobile Devices”