Qmusic stopped working after upgrading to iOS8

iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android
philipsguy
Getting the hang of things

QMusic for iOS crash on login in iOS8

Post by philipsguy »

Hi just wanted to let you know that after registering a new server in the QMusic app under iOS8, the app will crash immediately after saving the entry
pwilson
Guru

Re: QMusic for iOS crash on login in iOS8

Post by pwilson »

philipsguy wrote:Hi just wanted to let you know that after registering a new server in the QMusic app under iOS8, the app will crash immediately after saving the entry
A few questions for you.....
  1. What Model of QNAP NAS are you using?
  2. NAS Firmware Version/Build numbers?
  3. QMusic Version number?
  4. Music Station Version number?
  5. How many Music files have you placed on the NAS?
  6. What File Format are your Music files stored in?
  7. Trying to access it locally within your Wi-Fi network, or via the Internet?
  8. Are you attempting to configure QMusic for normal or SSL access?
  9. Has your undisclosed NAS Model finished indexing/thumbnailing all your Music files yet?
  10. Can you play music on your PC via Music Station?
  11. Have you reviewed article: When you're asking a question, please include the following yet?
Welcome to the Forum.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
philipsguy
Getting the hang of things

Post by philipsguy »

Nevermind, I'll use QFile instead. I guess it'll be easy for the app engineers to reproduce. I'm using the latest QNAP firmware and the latest QMusic app from AppStore. A lot of companies are releasing updates compatible with iOS 8 now that it is released, mayne QNAP will follow suit. They released an "improved login" version of QManager the other week...
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

The QNAP App updates for iOS 8 compatibility are hanging in the Apple queue to be approved btw.
Last edited by schumaku on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mickie-Dee
Starting out

Post by Mickie-Dee »

Having same issue under iOS8. Waiting for the new iOS8-compatible QMusic version
Mickie-Dee
Starting out

Qmusic stopped working after upgrading to iOS8

Post by Mickie-Dee »

Anyone using iOS8 able to run the Qmusic app? Mine stopped working after installing the new iOS. Now when I open the app and it starts searching for the NAS and can't find it. Trying to manually add it just makes the app crash after entering the password or causes a failure to login. This happens over the network as well as on the internet. Qmusic worked perfectly until after the upgrade. Other QNAP apps like QFile and QManager are working fine. I'm using a QNAP TS-112P, Nas Ver 4.1.1, Music Station V 4.6.2, Qmusic V 1.1.0, iPhone 5S. Any help/insight is greatly appreciated.
pwilson
Guru

Re: Qmusic stopped working after upgrading to iOS8

Post by pwilson »

Mickie-Dee wrote:Anyone using iOS8 able to run the Qmusic app? Mine stopped working after installing the new iOS. Now when I open the app and it starts searching for the NAS and can't find it. Trying to manually add it just makes the app crash after entering the password or causes a failure to login. This happens over the network as well as on the internet. Qmusic worked perfectly until after the upgrade. Other QNAP apps like QFile and QManager are working fine. I'm using a QNAP TS-112P, Nas Ver 4.1.1, Music Station V 4.6.2, Qmusic V 1.1.0, iPhone 5S. Any help/insight is greatly appreciated.
http://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

Please share their response with the QNAP NAS Community for the benefit of other iOS8 users. (QNAP can not "fix" this, if you don't open a ticket so that they are aware of the issue).

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters

Mickie-Dee
Starting out

Post by Mickie-Dee »

I submitted a trouble ticket a few days ago (Support #YYO-580-93124), but it has not been resolved yet. I've been asked to uninstall the app and re-install it, which proved ineffective. Posted here because I am curious if anyone else is having this issue.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Why open a new thread as you already participated on the very similar subject including this information:
http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 82#p434051
Mickie-Dee
Starting out

Post by Mickie-Dee »

Just received this from support: "Hi Michael, I reported this to our team and they already have it fixed but they are waiting for apple to approve the new version Qmusic to be released on their app store. Please wait for it and download the new version then. Sorry for the inconvenience."
Mickie-Dee
Starting out

Post by Mickie-Dee »

by schumaku » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:13 am
Why open a new thread as you already participated on the very similar subject including this information:
http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 82#p434051

Schumaku, perhaps you didn’t see my remark above: “Posted here because I am curious if anyone else is having this issue.” Or it’s perhaps because, in my experience, your development team does not have a very good track record and I don’t want to wait forever for the release of functioning app. Back in April I submitted a ticket (IRF-742-28961) requesting various changes/improvements and was told several would be implemented with the release of a new app version; and yet 5 months later I’m still waiting for the new version implementing the enhancements.
http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=92151
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

It'y not my development team, I'm not in charge to approve feature changes, ...and last but not least: I'm not QNAP.IF they would behave and perform massively different. Just hate it to see similar issues reported, confirmed, with remediation posted - queried in multiple threads - waste of time and bandwidth as these are known issue the old QNAP iOS app builds. Does it matter if just a bunch or hundred thousand of QNAP iOS App users have the issue - considering the above?

At the end of the day there are two threads, with meeee-toooooo replies, some here, some there.

Moderator: Merge please.
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

Topics Merged.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Mickie-Dee
Starting out

Post by Mickie-Dee »

Not to start a flame war Fumanchu, but I presummed you were part of the QNAP staff because of your condescending question. What you fail to mention in your reply is the fact most users post in a forum to share information and/or gain knowledge, neither of which your comment was able to provide. In my case, I was making sure this was either a problem others were having (normally meaning hardware or software related) or something only I was experiencing (which normally points to something wrong with my setup) and hoping someone else having his issue found a solution.
idrive
New here

Post by idrive »

Having the same problem after updating to IOS8: Qmusic stopped working. Is it true that the app is hanging on Apple approval?

Return to “Mobile Devices”