nblair
New here

Cannot Connect to Qnap TS-212-E from Android Tablet

Post by nblair »

OS - Android 4.4.4
Qnap NAS - TS-212-E
Firmware - 4.1.1
Network Setup - Single Port - 80

I cannot connect to my Qnap TS-212-E from my Android Tablet when on the same network as the NAS. Using Qfile, the NAS shows up. Once I select it and enter my password it cannot connect. I also cannot access the server by entering the IP address in the browser (I've tried multiple browsers), or myQnapcloud in the browser. I don't have the opportunity to even enter the password, the pages do not load at all. If have the tablet connected to a different network, it reaches the NAS without any issues.

I do not have any problems connecting to the NAS using Qfile on iOS devices, iOS browsers, or browsers on laptops on the same network. I have been trying to figure this out for days and am at a loss. I've even done a factory reset on the tablet and have not had any luck. :shock:

Has anyone had this issue before? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Let me know if any additional information is needed. Thanks!
nblair
New here

Re: Cannot Connect to Qnap TS-212-E from Android Tablet

Post by nblair »

As a follow up to this - I actually purchased a new Android tablet the other day, and I still can't access the server from it either. That is two android tablets that cant connect through the browser or QFile. Yet I can from iOS devices and Windows PCs without issue. QFile sees the server, but I can't connect no matter the login. It doesn't even load in the browser...

Does anyone have any ideas here? I'm going insane!!!
nblair
New here

Re: Cannot Connect to Qnap TS-212-E from Android Tablet

Post by nblair »

Well I found out the answer to my question if anyone is interested. I had used IP Passthrough on my router and it had assigned a WAN IP address to my Qnap NAS. I found the below snippet when searching for IP passthrough information online and I believe it's what is causing the issue (I don't really understand it, but I'm pretty sure it describes my problem...). I turned of IP passthrough on my router and it worked fine. Just an FYI in case anyone has this problem in the future. If you weren't a networking amateur like myself you probably would have known already.
Restriction: Since both the PC's on private IP addresses (Like 192.168.1.X) behind the Gateway and the PC configured for IP pass through will use the same WAN IP address , new sessions that conflict with existing sessions will be rejected by the Gateway. For example, suppose you are a teleworker using an IPSec tunnel from a PC on a private IP address and a second person sets up A VPN connection from the PC configured for IP pass through with both PC's going to the same remote endpoint, such as the VPN access concentrator at your employer's office. In this case, the first one to start the IPSec traffic will be allowed to connect; but the second PC- since both appear to be coming from the same WAN IP will be indistinguishable - and will fail.

Return to “Mobile Devices”