iSCSI Targets offline after File System Check

iSCSI related applications
daminsky
New here

iSCSI Targets offline after File System Check

Post by daminsky »

I had a warning that my volume was not clean and that I should do a Check File System on it from Storage Management. After doing so, it says Ready and all the disks say good, but my iSCSI targets are offline. I have the option to Activate them, but nothing seems to happen. Help! Please... I have a TS-469u with latest firmware.
pwilson
Guru

Re: iSCSI Targets offline after File System Check

Post by pwilson »

daminsky wrote:I had a warning that my volume was not clean and that I should do a Check File System on it from Storage Management. After doing so, it says Ready and all the disks say good, but my iSCSI targets are offline. I have the option to Activate them, but nothing seems to happen. Help! Please... I have a TS-469u with latest firmware.
Which "latest" Firmware? Please provide Firmware Version and Build numbers. Have you tried rebooting the NAS?

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
daminsky
New here

Re: iSCSI Targets offline after File System Check

Post by daminsky »

It is running 4.1.1 20141003. Thankfully a reboot fixed the problem. The performance is still really bad. VMware is blaming QNAP. From searching these forums, others seem to have the same problems with iSCSI. I have 75 VMs across 3 different datastores (iSCSI targets) on QNAP. Guess this is just too much for it.

Return to “iSCSI – Target & Virtual Disk”