Support for DVB-C or DVB-S

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
skyplusplus
Starting out

Support for DVB-C or DVB-S

Post by skyplusplus »

Hi,

i'm interested in the TS-453 Pro and wanted to see if there is support for a tv-tuner that can tune to cable or satellite tv.
pwilson
Guru

Re: Support for DVB-C or DVB-S

Post by pwilson »

skyplusplus wrote:Hi,

i'm interested in the TS-453 Pro and wanted to see if there is support for a tv-tuner that can tune to cable or satellite tv.
Nope. DVB-T is the only supported TV Tuner type, and only on discontinued Tuners. Check out the DVB-T USB Tuner Compatibility List.

You can also install TVHeadend on your NAS, which does support other formats, but it is not compatible with TV Station.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
skyplusplus
Starting out

Post by skyplusplus »

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply.

I was hoping to be able to stream cable or satellite channels from within xbmc running from the nas. I saw another user mentioned briefly that he done it, although on another nas model. I posted on that thread http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 20#p452172, hopefully he will see it and reply.

I am not familiar with TVHeadend, but from a quick lookup i saw that its software. so i image i should be looking for a tuner that's compatible with it instead of qnap, is that right?
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

skyplusplus wrote:Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply.

I was hoping to be able to stream cable or satellite channels from within xbmc running from the nas. I saw another user mentioned briefly that he done it, although on another nas model. I posted on that thread http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 20#p452172, hopefully he will see it and reply.

I am not familiar with TVHeadend, but from a quick lookup i saw that its software. so i image i should be looking for a tuner that's compatible with it instead of qnap, is that right?
Don't ask me (I wouldn't know the answer). I'd recommend you check it with in the TVHeadend subForum of this Forum System.

Also check out message thread: [QPKG] TVHeadend (arm-x19, x86, x86_64)

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”