VM Ware & Blue Iris

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
Phifer
Getting the hang of things

VM Ware & Blue Iris

Post by Phifer »

Good Morning all,

BLUF: Would it be efficient to run a VM machine with Blue Iris installed on my TS-651 24/7?

I was not sure where exactly to post this question. I use Blue Iris at my house along with a ZModo NVR and 4 SPOE cameras. I believe SPOE (simplified power over Ethernet) is their own "standard". So the 4 cameras are connected to a NVR with a 2TB hard drive and it records every second of video on all 4 cameras (I believe the max number of cameras I will have installed is 10). Then I have my "server" running Blue Iris that is what I access for my video reviewing. It is setup to only record the motion activated clips for easier reviewing. The ZModo software is terrible on their NVR. While I could use one or the other I use both. But now that I have a TS-651 I am curious if I can efficiently run a VM of windows and Blue Iris instead of having my PC powered on 24/7. I have looked at the NVR capabilities, but have not tested it because even if I love their setup I believe the price for extra licenses is out of my price range. At those prices I would just go buy a Lorex system and solve all my problems. Thanks in advance.
TS-651 / (1) 8gb stick crucial ram / (2) 3tb WD red hard drives (Raid1) / (4) 10tb HGST Deskstar NAS 7200 rpm (Raid5) / FW QTS 4.2.5 / OSX Operating system
One Ethernet port connected to my private network

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”