QNAP TS-419P Wake on Lan

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
gordon38
Starting out

QNAP TS-419P Wake on Lan

Post by gordon38 »

Hi,

I have a TS-419P - It works fine - the power schedule works fine, but I cannot wake it up with WOL? :S

In the manual it says that I have to go into EuP, but this tab and the WOL tab is not available in the system settings? Running version 4.1.1..

Any ideas how to fix this? (running Danish language if this makes a difference?)
pwilson
Guru

Re: QNAP TS-419P Wake on Lan

Post by pwilson »

gordon38 wrote:Hi,

I have a TS-419P - It works fine - the power schedule works fine, but I cannot wake it up with WOL? :S

In the manual it says that I have to go into EuP, but this tab and the WOL tab is not available in the system settings? Running version 4.1.1..

Any ideas how to fix this? (running Danish language if this makes a difference?)
For WOL to work. You need "EuP disabled", and "WOL enabled".
This functionality is broken on some Firmware Builds, but you have neglected to provide this information. Upgrade to QTS 4.1.2 Build 20150126.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
gordon38
Starting out

Post by gordon38 »

Thank you.. Now updated to QTS 4.1.2..
However, the 2 tabs with EuP + WOL is still not available..

Any suggestions?
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

gordon38 wrote:Thank you.. Now updated to QTS 4.1.2..
However, the 2 tabs with EuP + WOL is still not available..

Any suggestions?
Submit a ticket with the QNAP Helpdesk. Both should be present.

Have you tried completely powering off the NAS, and then restarting it?
What does your "Power" screen look like? (Please review Forum FAQ: Can I post images?).

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters

gordon38
Starting out

Post by gordon38 »

Will ubmit a ticket!

My power menu only holds 2 tabs (power recovery & power schedule)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

gordon38 wrote:Will ubmit a ticket!

My power menu only holds 2 tabs (power recovery & power schedule)
Yes that definitely looks strange. Submit a ticket with the QNAP Helpdesk for further assistance.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

If I remember correctly the TS-419P lacks hardware support for Wake-on-Lan. I think that it was added on the next model, the TS-419P+.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

P3R wrote:If I remember correctly the TS-419P lacks hardware support for Wake-on-Lan. I think that it was added on the next model, the TS-419P+.
To be honest I vaguely recall the same thing. I owned a TS-419P+, and it definitely supported WOL. Unfortunately QNAP's "new" Website doesn't allow us to look at the technical specifications of older NAS models anymore, so I was unable to access the technical specifications for this TS-419P model. (It's a shame, as the "old" website provided this information in a very effective way).

Rather that providing information I was unable to "confirm" on QNAP's website, I felt it was better to simply direct him to the Helpdesk so he could confirm this with QNAP directly. It is re-assuring though, that your recollection is the same as mine per: No WOL hardware provided.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”