UPS Recommendations

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
P3R
Guru

Re: UPS Recommendations

Post by P3R »

Nees wrote:But now that I see the options: After the AC power fails for minute(s), the system will stop all services. The system will restart automatically when the power restores.

Why does it say: RESTART automatically?

Just checked the manual again and it clearly says this: After the NAS enters auto-protection mode, the NAS resumes the previous operation status when the power restores. This means, it will shutdown and start-up again later...
I really can't answer any of that as I can't find the texts you refer to, neither in the gui nor in the manual.

You have two different models listed in your signature that use different firmware so I can't even tell what manual you are referring to? Please supply links to where you find stuff and separate what text is quoted and what is your own comments to make your question more clear.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
sadsack5000
Getting the hang of things

Re: UPS Recommendations

Post by sadsack5000 »

FYI I bought this NAS in the end for my 870 pro and it works perfectly

APC BE550G-CN 500 VA 330 w 8 Outlets UPS

This was one that wasn't on the compatibility list but per my previous post that list is really out of date

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”