MAC Address & logs

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
04mradzi
First post

MAC Address & logs

Post by 04mradzi »

Hi guys :)

I,ve got a quick question about the MAC address and logs. I've sent my TS-879U-RP to QNAP Service due to a backplane failure. It came back but nothing has changed - still doesn't work.
They had sent me an expertise with a snapshot showing that everything is now ok. I can see a MAC address ther but it differs. Mine is 00-08-9B-CF-02-17 and on the paper the last two digitis are 16! Is it possible that they change the LAN card with MAC address almost indentical? And when it comes to logs - there are only my logs - before sending the NAS and from today. Is it all possible?

Thank you for you help.

Best regars,
Michal
Idlewizard
Know my way around

Re: MAC Address & logs

Post by Idlewizard »

04mradzi wrote:I can see a MAC address ther but it differs. Mine is 00-08-9B-CF-02-17 and on the paper the last two digitis are 16! Is it possible that they change the LAN card with MAC address almost indentical?
It's more likely that's the MAC address of another network interface on the same board. It looks like your model has at least two.
04mradzi wrote:And when it comes to logs - there are only my logs - before sending the NAS and from today. Is it all possible?
They probably didn't boot it with your drives for testing / service, even if you sent it with drives - so yes, quite possible.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”