TS-859 PRO+ RAM upgrade

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
jon2
New here

TS-859 PRO+ RAM upgrade

Post by jon2 »

What type of ram does it take, and how much ram does the motherboard support?

I wish to put up a virtualbox instance on it, and thus want as much ram as it can take.
P3R
Guru

Re: TS-859 PRO+ RAM upgrade

Post by P3R »

Search the forum! The question have been asked and answered before. I believe the limit is 2 GB.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
theXn0r
Starting out

Re: TS-859 PRO+ RAM upgrade

Post by theXn0r »

It uses 204-pin DDR3 1333mhz dual ranked SODIMMs. There's only one slot on the motherboard, and apparently it can only take 2GB modules at max. I'm actually not sure if this particular type of SODIMM is available in modules larger than 2GB.

I put a Patriot PSD32G133381S module into my TS-859 Pro+, but any SODIMM of the same spec from any manufacturer should work (I bought this module because it was available at a local shop). In my experience with PCs, faster modules will also typically work (it will still run at 1333 though), in case you can't find 1333 modules.

Note carefully that the TS-859 Pro and TS-859 Pro+ are different beasts, and require different RAM modules! So this only applies to the Pro+!

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”