Seagate ST4000DM000

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
pwilson
Guru

Re: Seagate ST4000DM000

Post by pwilson »

tcboy88 wrote:
doktornotor wrote:
kkarr2012 wrote:2: Why has QNAP now put this ST4000M000 drive on the non-compatibility list ?
1/ Because it's proven POS generating endless user complaints?
2/ See #1.
3/ See #1.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
kkarr2012 wrote:I would really like to see some of their support discussions/ticket resolution on this to make my own decision on a purchase to see if in fact many of the issues are ones I've already gone through with the previous drives.
You are free to buy whatever you want. Just don't come back here to complain that the drives don't work properly.

why QNAP put ST4000DM000 and ST3000DM001 back to the compatibility list now?
the crappy drive problem is fixed?
I am getting 2 ST4000DM000 due to its cheap price
Please take a moment to review a few of these messages, and then decide for yourself about these crappy drives. Why would you deliberately choose a drive explicitly listed as "incompatible"?

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
tcboy88
New here

Re: Seagate ST4000DM000

Post by tcboy88 »

pwilson wrote:
tcboy88 wrote:
doktornotor wrote:
kkarr2012 wrote:2: Why has QNAP now put this ST4000M000 drive on the non-compatibility list ?
1/ Because it's proven POS generating endless user complaints?
2/ See #1.
3/ See #1.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
kkarr2012 wrote:I would really like to see some of their support discussions/ticket resolution on this to make my own decision on a purchase to see if in fact many of the issues are ones I've already gone through with the previous drives.
You are free to buy whatever you want. Just don't come back here to complain that the drives don't work properly.

why QNAP put ST4000DM000 and ST3000DM001 back to the compatibility list now?
the crappy drive problem is fixed?
I am getting 2 ST4000DM000 due to its cheap price
Please take a moment to review a few of these messages, and then decide for yourself about these crappy drives. Why would you deliberately choose a drive explicitly listed as "incompatible"?
because it is cheap as I am getting used one for 100 buck each.

my question is why QNAP put them back into the compatibility list now?
I understand that there "may be" many users complained about this drive.
but since QNAP put them back into the list, there must be some reason, and I want to know the reason.
Whether the problem is fixed or any other specific reason.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”