Printing blank pages from mac (airprint) - windows ok

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
tetrapatata
First post

Printing blank pages from mac (airprint) - windows ok

Post by tetrapatata »

Hi,
I'm just trying to find out where the problem is. I have a Brother MCF-7440N plugged via USB into TS-410 (firmware version 4.0.2). I can print without problems from windows 7, but I cannot get to print from a macbook pro (OS X 10.8.5).
On the qnap the Bonjour option is activated.
What I have tried on the mac is:
Case 1-add standard printer->Airprint printer using "Airprint" (this is the software used for printing)
Case 2-add standard printer->Airprint printer using "General PS-printer"
Case 3-add IP printer->Use IPP protocol (I tried also the other protocols without success)->Use general PS-printer

In the first two cases the mac showed the correct printer (name and model) and automatically selected airprint. If I try to print, the printer just sends loads of blank papers out until there is no paper left. In the third case I could not get anything to the printer (although with Windows 7 I could get things done).

I found on apple websites that the MFC-7440N does not support airprint (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356), but I believe this applies to the case I would have the printer directely connected to the internet, therefore this should not be an issue because I should be printing through the NAS... (not sure about what I'm saying).

However, I don't know where to look for a solution. Do I need to install drivers on the mac? Do I need to install drivers on the NAS? Do I need drivers at all? Or is there another way for a solution?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,
Helder
escrowdis
New here

Re: Printing blank pages from mac (airprint) - windows ok

Post by escrowdis »

I got the same issue. Need help!
escrowdis
New here

Post by escrowdis »

Hi! I've solved it.
Go to 'Preferences'->'printer and scanner'
Delete the printer printing the blank pages and add and CHANGE the usage to the driver your printer is, don't use 'AirPrint'
That's it!
eruisi
New here

Post by eruisi »

escrowdis wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:40 pm Hi! I've solved it.
Go to 'Preferences'->'printer and scanner'
Delete the printer printing the blank pages and add and CHANGE the usage to the driver your printer is, don't use 'AirPrint'
That's it!
This works perfectly now. Thank you for the finding!
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”