Swop disk from one QNAP NAS to another QNAP model

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
MuggeGHQ
Starting out

Swop disk from one QNAP NAS to another QNAP model

Post by MuggeGHQ »

Hi everyone.

Just a quick question for all you geeks :)
I have a QNAP TS-569L 5 slot and was thinking of getting a bigger model. My question is then. Can i just swop my already RAID 5 disk from my TS-569L to any other QNAP model
without loosing anything or need to re-format the disk ? It would be awesome if it was just possible to take the disk out of my 569L and just install them in a new QNAP with space for more HD
and it would work just like that ??? Anyone. My guess is all QNAP uses the same system etc. But i'm not sure.

Thanks

Mugge
iMac 27" i5  rMBP 13"  Mac Pro 8 core
QNAP TS-569L 15TB  Synology DS1010+ 15TB  Drobo 12TB
[/size]
pwilson
Guru

Re: Swop disk from one QNAP NAS to another QNAP model

Post by pwilson »

MuggeGHQ wrote:Hi everyone.

Just a quick question for all you geeks :)
I have a QNAP TS-569L 5 slot and was thinking of getting a bigger model. My question is then. Can i just swop my already RAID 5 disk from my TS-569L to any other QNAP model
without loosing anything or need to re-format the disk ? It would be awesome if it was just possible to take the disk out of my 569L and just install them in a new QNAP with space for more HD
and it would work just like that ??? Anyone. My guess is all QNAP uses the same system etc. But i'm not sure.

Thanks

Mugge
Why not simply read the Migrating from Old NAS section of the QNAP Turbo NAS User Manual instead of asking us? :roll:

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
MuggeGHQ
Starting out

Post by MuggeGHQ »

mmm, i can do that but sometimes i like to talk to people instead of reading ;) i guess thats alright isn't it ?
iMac 27" i5  rMBP 13"  Mac Pro 8 core
QNAP TS-569L 15TB  Synology DS1010+ 15TB  Drobo 12TB
[/size]
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

MuggeGHQ wrote:mmm, i can do that but sometimes i like to talk to people instead of reading ;) i guess thats alright isn't it ?
We're happy to "talk" to you about it, but actually reading it first, gives us a common frame of reference for such a discussion.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”