QTS 4.0.5 Loses USB Connection with OR700LCDRM1U UPS

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
gregndsc
New here

QTS 4.0.5 Loses USB Connection with OR700LCDRM1U UPS

Post by gregndsc »

I recently upgraded a TS-259 Pro+ from 3.8.1 to QTS 4.0.5. Now, the NAS constantly loses USB connection with the UPS and defaults to the empty network UPS settings (screenshot attached). If I reboot the NAS, it usually will find the UPS again for a period of time before disconnecting again (typically <2 days). The UPS is a CyberPower OR700LCDRM1U. The stability with the old firmware was rock solid in this regard. Is there any solution in the works for this problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
schumaku
Guru

Re: QTS 4.0.5 Loses USB Connection with OR700LCDRM1U UPS

Post by schumaku »

Have an eye QTS 4.1 Release Candidate available in the forum since today.
gregndsc
New here

Post by gregndsc »

Thanks for that tip. I checked out the release notes and don't see anything that seems to specifically address this issue. This NAS is running in a production environment so I'll have to wait until this release is no longer beta before trying.
mderemer
Starting out

Post by mderemer »

Any update on this?

I'm having a similar problem that came to a head the other day.

My TS-221 had been working fine with my CyberPower CP800AVR over USB or so I thought... until the power went out. The NAS did not shut down and a week later 1 of the drives went. After upgrading to 4.1.0 and replacing the drive I still can't get the UPS to come up as an external device. I hadn't logged into the web admin for months so this could have been the case for awhile.

If I connect the UPS to my laptop its detected by Win7 and if I probe it with the CyberPower Power Panel software it reports all's well.

I also tried swapping for a CP685AVR and no luck.

PS. Both are on the approved list.
===
TS-221
TS-219P II
mderemer
Starting out

Post by mderemer »

Any update on this?

I'm having a similar problem that came to a head the other day.

My TS-221 had been working fine with my CyberPower CP800AVR over USB or so I thought... until the power went out. The NAS did not shut down and a week later 1 of the drives went. After upgrading to 4.1.0 and replacing the drive I still can't get the UPS to come up as an external device. I hadn't logged into the web admin for months so this could have been the case for awhile.

If I connect the UPS to my laptop its detected by Win7 and if I probe it with the CyberPower Power Panel software it reports all's well.

I also tried swapping for a CP685AVR and no luck.

PS. Both are on the approved list.
===
TS-221
TS-219P II
gregndsc
New here

Post by gregndsc »

I have not yet updated this Qnap to 4.1.0 as suggested, but due to your post, I checked in on this Qnap tonight and it is still showing a connection to the UPS. The system has also been up for 163 days straight. I suspect if I were to restart the Qnap now, I could very well experience the UPS connectivity issue that I originally reported in this thread. For now, the UPS and Qnap seem to be communicating and therefore I assume my Qnap will gracefully shutdown in the case of an extended power outage. This is an unfortunate place to be from an administrator's standpoint since I'm just not very confident in this setup. I'll report back here if I have any update on this topic.
mderemer
Starting out

Post by mderemer »

Thanks for the update!
===
TS-221
TS-219P II

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”