TS220 unable to connect to Network

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
wilkenj
New here

TS220 unable to connect to Network

Post by wilkenj »

Hi Qnap community

Been very happy with my QNap TS220 until recently. I have moved homes and my dad kept his router.
I have subsequently got a ADSL line and with that came a new router DLink Product: DSL-2750U

I don't believe the problem lies with the NAS but this community appears more active than that of the DLINK's; im sure the problem exists on the router side.

the NAS is connected via the Ethernet cable. I had previously had the nas on 192.168.1.200; this did not work, I have reset the nas to defaults I.E. allow the route to allocate an IP.
the DLink router is presently on
IP Address: 192.168.1.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

All the ports are working I have tested this with my laptop there are no IP conflicts that I am aware of.
the NAS Lan LED on front flashes yellow every 4 second on the back at the Ethernet LED flash yellow every 4th second and 2 green flashes in that same second.
The Router does not even flash to show that a Ethernet net cable is pluged in

The NAS is definitely working I have taken it to dads place and QNap finder finds it no problem;

Please help I have run out of ideas.

PS. Do I need a cross over cable if I want to connect the NAS directly to a pc? or will the normal fly lead work.
pwilson
Guru

Re: TS220 unable to connect to Network

Post by pwilson »

wilkenj wrote:Hi Qnap community

Been very happy with my QNap TS220 until recently. I have moved homes and my dad kept his router.
I have subsequently got a ADSL line and with that came a new router DLink Product: DSL-2750U

I don't believe the problem lies with the NAS but this community appears more active than that of the DLINK's; im sure the problem exists on the router side.

the NAS is connected via the Ethernet cable. I had previously had the nas on 192.168.1.200; this did not work, I have reset the nas to defaults I.E. allow the route to allocate an IP.
the DLink router is presently on

All the ports are working I have tested this with my laptop there are no IP conflicts that I am aware of.
the NAS Lan LED on front flashes yellow every 4 second on the back at the Ethernet LED flash yellow every 4th second and 2 green flashes in that same second.
The Router does not even flash to show that a Ethernet net cable is pluged in

The NAS is definitely working I have taken it to dads place and QNap finder finds it no problem;

Please help I have run out of ideas.

PS. Do I need a cross over cable if I want to connect the NAS directly to a pc? or will the normal fly lead work.
Excellent troubleshooting. You've already proven it that the NAS works correctly. So I don't quite understand why you are asking questions here. Talk to your ISP :roll: or D-Link. :lol:

You do not need a crossover cable to test it with a PC. Simply setup the PC and the NAS on the the same subnet with static IP addresses on both devices.
Welcome to the Forum.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
wilkenj
New here

Re: TS220 unable to connect to Network

Post by wilkenj »

Thanks Patrick;
At least now I connect directly from my laptop to the nas.

for some reason my desktop would not connect directly but the laptop works find. PS I think I forgot to change the subnet.

I now have the router on

NAS hardwired on
IP Address: 192.168.1.200

Laptop hardwired on
IP Address: 192.168.1.32

direct connection btw. laptop and NAS works but the minute I plug into the router I get the same problem
The NAS Lan LED on front flashes yellow every 4 second on the back at the Ethernet LED flash yellow every 4th second and 2 green flashes in that same second.
The Router does not even flash to show that a Ethernet net cable is plugged.

Im going to post the question to DLINK and see if they can assist.
PS. Like I said this community seems more active than Dlink that why I originally posted here. I hope they can help.

Thanks again for the support.
Regards
Jaycee

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”