Misplaced contents of my box, need to know what cable I need

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
S3ZAi
Starting out

Misplaced contents of my box, need to know what cable I need

Post by S3ZAi »

Hi, I have a Qnap ts-212 and I used it for a while with just one hd, now I have bought a second hd, but I have a problem: I don't know where I put the contents of the qnap box, so I don't have the cables anymore... :ashamed:

The first drive can be inserted into a bay with connectors and I know that the second drive needs 2 cables: one for the data and one for the power. Now, I do have a few sata data cables, I assume I can use those? Even if a bit longer than the one that was in the box, I'm guessing that would be fine, but what about the power cable, what should I use? Does anyone know the type of cable one needs, can I use a generic power cable from sata to 4 pin fan power cable or something like that?

Thanks for your help.
pwilson
Guru

Re: Misplaced contents of my box, need to know what cable I

Post by pwilson »

S3ZAi wrote:Hi, I have a Qnap ts-212 and I used it for a while with just one hd, now I have bought a second hd, but I have a problem: I don't know where I put the contents of the qnap box, so I don't have the cables anymore... :ashamed:

The first drive can be inserted into a bay with connectors and I know that the second drive needs 2 cables: one for the data and one for the power. Now, I do have a few sata data cables, I assume I can use those? Even if a bit longer than the one that was in the box, I'm guessing that would be fine, but what about the power cable, what should I use? Does anyone know the type of cable one needs, can I use a generic power cable from sata to 4 pin fan power cable or something like that?

Thanks for your help.
I believe you are looking for this:

$30.00USD .................. SATA Cable SP-2BAY-CABLE

If you want it straight from QNAP.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”