Fans (TS119P+ & Ts112) on their way out.

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
WadingUpStream
Starting out

Fans (TS119P+ & Ts112) on their way out.

Post by WadingUpStream »

The TS119P+ shut itself down after three Smart Fan Failure warnings & the fan in the TS112 is just getting very noisy (I have cleaned both but no change).

I am having trouble locating a 4 pin fan to replace the fans in the above TurboStations. (I am UK based and so far as far as I can see Overclockers UK and QuietPC only supply fans with three pin sockets) I see that there is an adapter (http://www.quietpc.com/na-sac1) but what am I losing if I use this to make the conversion; that is to say Qnap would have had a use for the forth pin would they not?

Or better still does anyone know of a direct replacement for these fans, so I can just plug them straight in? (a link even to a US based retailer would be very helpful).

I found a post on this site to Noctua (NF-A4x10 FLX 40mm x 10mm Low Noise Fan), but Noctua don’t appear to manufacture a 50mm fan for the TS112.

I have the latest firmware (as of this date 18 July 2014).

Both units are out of warranty.
pwilson
Guru

Re: Fans (TS119P+ & Ts112) on their way out.

Post by pwilson »

WadingUpStream wrote:The TS119P+ shut itself down after three Smart Fan Failure warnings & the fan in the TS112 is just getting very noisy (I have cleaned both but no change).

I am having trouble locating a 4 pin fan to replace the fans in the above TurboStations. (I am UK based and so far as far as I can see Overclockers UK and QuietPC only supply fans with three pin sockets) I see that there is an adapter (http://www.quietpc.com/na-sac1) but what am I losing if I use this to make the conversion; that is to say Qnap would have had a use for the forth pin would they not?

Or better still does anyone know of a direct replacement for these fans, so I can just plug them straight in? (a link even to a US based retailer would be very helpful).

I found a post on this site to Noctua (NF-A4x10 FLX 40mm x 10mm Low Noise Fan), but Noctua don’t appear to manufacture a 50mm fan for the TS112.

I have the latest firmware (as of this date 18 July 2014).

Both units are out of warranty.
I believe both of your NAS devices use 4 wire PWM-style Fans. A 3-wire or 2-wire will NOT do. The Motherboard uses Pulse Width Modulation paired with the Tachometer signal to keep the fans spinning at the correct speed.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
WadingUpStream
Starting out

Re: Fans (TS119P+ & Ts112) on their way out.

Post by WadingUpStream »

Many thanks for the reply.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”