RF/Bluetooth remote for XBMC on TS-451

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
hamishrr
New here

RF/Bluetooth remote for XBMC on TS-451

Post by hamishrr »

Hello,
I'm looking at upgrading to a TS-451, and I'm also looking at picking up a remote to use for XBMC

Currently the QNAP IR remote (RM-IR002) is not available in Australia, but my girlfriend doesn't want to have to use IR if possible (she'd prefer the unit was out of sight). So I've been looking at RF/Bluetooth MCE remotes, and there doesn't seem to be many available. I'm aware of the Rii Mini i25A (here) and similar, but my understanding is that the D-Pad is IR-only, defeating the purpose. The girlfriend (and others who come over) need the remote to be quite simple, so that rules out the Measy RC11 which I know has been recommended on these boards, and similar, full-keyboard style remotes.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for RF/bluetooth remotes that will work for XBMC on the likes of the TS-451? For example, would the Tivo Slide (here) be an option?

Many thanks for your assistance.
JoeJoeJoe
Easy as a breeze

Re: RF/Bluetooth remote for XBMC on TS-451

Post by JoeJoeJoe »

forkless
Experience counts

Post by forkless »

If your TV is HDMI CEC compatible and libcec is part of qnaps XBMC install I would highly recommend using one of these.

http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/produc ... apter.aspx

This adapter will use the remote of your TV set to send commands to XBMC via HDMI.

EDIT: Never mind, there probably is no licence for it.
hamishrr
New here

Post by hamishrr »

JoeJoeJoe wrote:Their Android or iOS app, https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mote&hl=en
We'd prefer not to have to use our phones for when other people visit (her parents, for example, who are massive technophobes).

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”