RAM in TS-269 Pro

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
Gogetta
Getting the hang of things

RAM in TS-269 Pro

Post by Gogetta »

Hi,

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere. I couldn't see anything directly related.

I have a TS-269 Pro and I want to upgrade the RAM. On the QNAP website the biggest RAM module is 2GB which is only 1 more GB than what I have now. Does anyone know if I can get a bigger module from elsewhere? Something like 3 or 4GB would be better.

Also, has anyone tried installing solid state drives in a TS-269 Pro yet? I'm thinking of getting a couple of solid states when the price drops a bit. If someone has experienced them in a TS-269 Pro then could you give me some info on the following questions?

What drives did you use?
What speed increases did you see?
Was there noticeably less noise from the NAS?
Any problems with installation?

Any responses are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ben.
NAS: TS-453B
schumaku
Guru

Re: RAM in TS-269 Pro

Post by schumaku »

Hi Ben,

TS-269 Pro Specs say:
DRAM 1GB RAM (Expandable RAM, up to 3GB)
NOTE:
1. The system memory can be increased to 3GB by installing an additional 1GB/2GB SO-DIMM RAM module.
2. For the information of RAM module installation and compatible NAS models, please refer to the QNAP RAM Module Installation Guide
Known compatible 3rd party SO-DIMM modules for the TS-x69 were discussed before, however some manufacturers seem to have different spec'ed under the same part number in the field. Looks i.e. -> http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=67628 (same SO-DIMM requirements for all TS-x69 Pro, TS-x69L, TS-x69U).

Note: NAS does not boot and/or fails otherwise if you try to install 2 * 2 GB SO-DIMM.

Regards,
-Kurt.
Gogetta
Getting the hang of things

Re: RAM in TS-269 Pro

Post by Gogetta »

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the reply. I've ordered one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003 ... UTF8&psc=1.

From what I've been reading it can be hit and miss whether it will work or not, so I'll just have to try it and see. Thanks again.

Ben.
NAS: TS-453B

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”