System Fans for QNAP TS639 Pro

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
yadaaa
Starting out

Replace fans on 639 device

Post by yadaaa »

Can I replace the stock fans with these?

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/pa92mesp.html

What are the specs of a replacement fan (Voltage, Amperage, etc)?
QNAPJason
QNAP Staff

Re: Replace fans on 639 device

Post by QNAPJason »

Hi yadaa,
It's not recommended to replace the stock fans as we've tested a variety of fans and found the current one to be more stable and reliable.

The TS-639 uses 2x 90mm FANs, +12V, 4pin connector
mseddon
New here

System Fans for QNAP TS639 Pro

Post by mseddon »

Hi guys,
I tried googling but couldn't find an answer on the web and the QNAP support guys were not very useful.

The specs for the QNAP TS639 PRO (and likely other Qnap models) are for 2x 90mm system fans.

I have just replaced and can confirm that 92mm Noctua NF-B9 PWM fits perfectly (make sure PWM) and plugs in very nicely (no need for the extension cables). It has 4 connectors and the fan speed is correctly identified by the QNAP OS (4.1.0 firmware). These fans also come with nice silicon mounts which can be used instead of the screws and allow the fan to 'float' on the silicon to reduce noise.

[~] # getsysinfo sysfan 1
522 RPM
[~] # getsysinfo sysfan 2
524 RPM[~] #

Hopefully this will be useful for someone in the future.

Cheers
pwilson
Guru

Re: System Fans for QNAP TS639 Pro

Post by pwilson »

mseddon wrote:Hi guys,
I tried googling but couldn't find an answer on the web and the QNAP support guys were not very useful.

The specs for the QNAP TS639 PRO (and likely other Qnap models) are for 2x 90mm system fans.

I have just replaced and can confirm that 92mm Noctua NF-B9 PWM fits perfectly (make sure PWM) and plugs in very nicely (no need for the extension cables). It has 4 connectors and the fan speed is correctly identified by the QNAP OS (4.1.0 firmware). These fans also come with nice silicon mounts which can be used instead of the screws and allow the fan to 'float' on the silicon to reduce noise.

[~] # getsysinfo sysfan 1
522 RPM
[~] # getsysinfo sysfan 2
524 RPM[~] #

Hopefully this will be useful for someone in the future.

Cheers
Thanks for sharing, and further thanks for supplying your subsequent troubleshooting effort to ensure they were working. Much appreciated.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
ged
Starting out

Re: Replace fans on 639 device

Post by ged »

I did this because one of the fans reported a error.

When I restarted the system both fans were working again, but since they are 6 years, I decided to replace them both anyway.

I used 92mm x 92mm x 25mm 4pin PWM arctic cooling fans, they are working fine. I would expect any fan fitting those specs would be fine.

http://www.arctic.ac/worldwide_en/arctic-f9-pwm-co.html
ged
Starting out

Re: System Fans for QNAP TS639 Pro

Post by ged »

Thanks for the tip on the 4pin connector.

I used 92mm x 92mm x 25mm 4pin PWM Arctic Cooling fans from NCIX, they are working fine.

http://www.arctic.ac/worldwide_en/arctic-f9-pwm-co.html

# getsysinfo sysfan 1
875 RPM
# getsysinfo sysfan 2
820 RPM

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”