FTP with AD integration

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
putz6x
First post

FTP with AD integration

Post by putz6x »

HI All,

I have an issue with FTP. I have had FTP setup for sometime now and using our AD integration. My users have been able to login wihout issues and see folders etc. I just updated to 4.1.1 and now my users cannot login. I have always used username@domain and this has always worked and users rights to folders etc has been flawless. Now the only way I can get it to work is to either setup a local user or domain\user but I do not see folders properly.

Any help or ideas?

Thanks,,
pwilson
Guru

Re: FTP with AD integration

Post by pwilson »

putz6x wrote:HI All,

I have an issue with FTP. I have had FTP setup for sometime now and using our AD integration. My users have been able to login wihout issues and see folders etc. I just updated to 4.1.1 and now my users cannot login. I have always used username@domain and this has always worked and users rights to folders etc has been flawless. Now the only way I can get it to work is to either setup a local user or domain\user but I do not see folders properly.

Any help or ideas?

Thanks,,
Have you tried: domain+username ?

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Re: FTP with AD integration

Post by doktornotor »

The only supported forms are either DOMAINNAME\Username or DOMAINNAME+Username, as documented
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!

Return to “File Sharing”