How to use with a ChromeBook

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
graemev
Know my way around

How to use with a ChromeBook

Post by graemev »

Just got my daughter a chromebook ... since she just wants to "do suff" not keep reconfiguring/reinstalling the OS/apps etc.

What is the best way to use with with the QNAP? esp. for file sharing
schumaku
Guru

Re: How to use with a ChromeBook

Post by schumaku »

Living in a browser (OS) is not as flexible as on a universal computing client. Unless I'm wrong, there is no share access, no QNAP Qfile/Qsync for Chrome OS yet, ... so the user is stuck on the Web based Stations, and probably Dogulus Kaien's HappyGet 1.5 (and HappyGet 2 for QTSv4 :geek: )
schumaku
Guru

Re: How to use with a ChromeBook

Post by schumaku »

A follow-up ... it should not take long for Android Apps to become available on Chrome OS / Chromebook.
Screenshot 2015-04-03 at 01.42.28.png
This is a standard Qfile HD APK as downloaded a few hours ago from qnap.com and added using the App Runtime for Chrome (Beta) and an App named ARC Welder.
Screenshot 2015-04-03 at 01.44.01.png
Needless to say - some limitations apply, i.e. keyboard mapping is not solved yet, or the discovery on the (W)LAN is not operational, other basics like file and folder access on the NAS - currently on the WLAN, most likely also over the Internet (with port forwarding), and probably even by using the CloudLink.

Screenshots taken on Chrome OS Version 43.0.2347.0 dev (64-bit), Platform 6931.0.0 (Official Build) dev-channel gnawty_freon [Acer CB5], Firmware Google_Gnawty.5216.239.3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “File Sharing”