No remote monitor

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
sjordash
Starting out

No remote monitor

Post by sjordash »

Hi,
Please bear with me as I am new to NAS.
I have a new Qnap TS-212P (version 4.1.1) at home connected through a Cisco Wi-Fi router and then a phone company modem to the net.
At work I have a Foscam FI8918W connected to a Linksys Wi-Fi router with DD_WRT installed and then to the phone company modem.
The camera can be viewed whilst on the home network and operates scheduled recordings which can be viewed ok.
Whilst at work I can access the NAS and the QTS desktop & Surveillance System (Version 5.0.1 (2014/08/18)) & the camera configuration settings but I cannot access the camera monitor or the playback.
I have a 2nd laptop at home which I can log into using Teamviewer from work and connect to Qnap QTS and see the monitor.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
SJ
andrewyu
Know my way around

Re: No remote monitor

Post by andrewyu »

Hi SJ,

Do you mean no response when clicking live view and playback button? or?
Please advise the OS version of your laptop and the browser.
Thank you.
Best regards,

Andrew
sjordash
Starting out

Post by sjordash »

I have a laptop which I use at work and home running win 8 & firefox. When at home I can login to the NAS being on the same network and carry out all tasks. Using the same laptop at work I can login, using the mycloud, to the NAS which is at home and can carry out all tasks except actually view the camera monitor and playback the recordings it just says waiting (or some such warning)
SJ.
andrewyu
Know my way around

Post by andrewyu »

If you use Firefox, please refer to https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/.
  • Open the menu.
  • Choose Add-ons.
  • Click the plugins tab.
  • Find "QVR Host plugin".
  • Click on the drop down next to the plugin.
  • Select "Always Activate" from the available choices.
Then restart Firefox to check it.

If the issue persists, please direct your inquiry directly to the QNAP Helpdesk. If they provide any insight, please share it with us.
Best regards,

Andrew
sjordash
Starting out

Post by sjordash »

Thanks for this but still no success. What I did find though is if I go to Surveillance Station and to edit camera and click on test the image I get back is up to date. It must be something easy but will contact the help desk and let you know.
Thanks
SJ
sjordash
Starting out

Post by sjordash »

Hi,
Well after a couple of different ideas from the help desk their final response was "Please have a try with http connection , not with a https .
our lab is testing this issue now and should be able to fix it in the next surveillance station v5.0.2 which plan to release on the beginning of next Month" In the mean time I will try and format the hard drive and start the installation again if I can do that.
Thanks for the help though.
SJ

Return to “Surveillance Solution”