Surveillance Station & line crossing detection

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
cariocap
Getting the hang of things

Surveillance Station & line crossing detection

Post by cariocap »

Hi All,

I'm using Hikvision ds-2cd2032-i mounted outdoors using line crossing detection alerts.
Does SS supports these alerts or only motion detection ?

I receive the line crossing detection alerts from the camera to my email, but no recording or email alerts from SS.
TS-259 Pro+ & TS-269L
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Surveillance Station & line crossing detection

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Surveillance Station 5.0.2 doesn't seem to respond to Line Crossing detection or Intrusion Detection on the DS-2CD2032-I with 5.2.0 firmware.
On the camera, I disabled motion detection only, leaving the other 2 active, walked the active area - but saw no motion triggers in SS.
Event Management doesn't differentiate between motion detection and other available analytics. Yet.

Unlike my Hikvision NVR, which handles these just fine ...
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
cariocap

Post by cariocap »

AlastairStevenson,

Thanks for confirming what I suspected.
I uninstalled SS and now I'm using my Qnap box as a NAS to the Hikvision camera and will use the playback features available in the hikvision web interface.
TS-259 Pro+ & TS-269L
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Yes, the 'direct to disc' works pretty well, and the playback looks pretty similar to the Hikvision NVR, works pretty well, maybe almost the same code.
On the camera 5.2.0 firmware there is a 'feature' where if the available size (not space) on the target NAS is more than about 200GB, the camera will not treat it as 'initialised'. But it seems happy with using quotas to limit the size. And the need to use a share and not a folder within a share as the target is a bit messy.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
cariocap

Post by cariocap »

Yes, I have to format the space and in the path I have to use the format "\sharename"
TS-259 Pro+ & TS-269L
williamjames07
New here

Post by williamjames07 »

may be it will not work
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Actually it does. Pretty well. And operates as a mini-NVR, good features for within a camera.
cariocap

Post by cariocap »

williamjames07 wrote:may be it will not work
It's working
TS-259 Pro+ & TS-269L
Stork
Starting out

Post by Stork »

Has anyone contacted Qnap support to check if support for line crossing / intrusion detection is likely to be included in SS?

I had been planning to get several Hikvision cameras using a TS-251 as an NVR, but if no "smart" features apart from standard motion detection are supported, maybe a Hikvision NVR would be a better pair for the cameras. It'd be a shame if Qnap would not support such useful features.

I had assumed that you could set line crossing and other "smart" camera analytics to alert SS just like standard motion detection, i.e. via an ftp alert, and that in the worst case they would all get logged simply as "motion detected" without specifying what type trigger really caused it, but if I understood correctly such features are currently not supported at all in SS.

Does Qnap SS support line crossing and similar "smart" features with any camera manufacturers' models, i.e. is this an issue just with Hikvision cameras, or a general issue?
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

These are good questions, and I'd be interested in the answers too.
I have a collection of Hikvision cameras used on both Surveillance Station 5.0.2 and a Hikvision DS7816N-E2/8P NVR. Which I am very impressed with.
I believe SS 5.1.0 is in the works, but I've heard no ETA.
I'll submit a HelpDesk ticket.
Zeethas
First post

Post by Zeethas »

I am also very interested if in future versions of SS will be added support for line crossing / intrusion detection (zone detection), if so i'll buy the license for all my cam.

Does anyone know if the sinology Surveillance Station 7.0 (that alredy supports line crossing / intrusion detection / zone detection) is a more advanced version than Qnap SS v5.x or are different products?

thank you
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

My HelpDesk ticket - about availability of these more advanced analytics in future versions of SS - has been closed and passed to Mike Shaw, the QNAP SS Product Manager. As yet - no response.
The Synology SS is their own version, a different product from the QNAP one. Not necessarily better overall - each product has some specific features better than the other.
nsfw
Starting out

Post by nsfw »

AlastairStevenson wrote:My HelpDesk ticket - about availability of these more advanced analytics in future versions of SS - has been closed and passed to Mike Shaw, the QNAP SS Product Manager. As yet - no response.
The Synology SS is their own version, a different product from the QNAP one. Not necessarily better overall - each product has some specific features better than the other.
Really what does qnap SS 5.0.2 do better than syno SS 7?
The mobile SS vmobile app is in dire need of an upgrade as well.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

It does look like Synology SS 7 will raise the bar a bit vs QNAP SS 5.0.2, which is overdue an update.
QNAP SS has an effective interface for playback, when the interest is in alarm events.
And oddly enough, despite QNAP SS not having an ONVIF certification, and despite the imperfect way it interprets dialogue with 'ONVIF compliant but not certified cheap Chinese cameras' anecdotally it seems to be able to connect to these more successfully than Synology SS strict and certified ONVIF implementation.
no8080
Know my way around

Post by no8080 »

Old thread, but just to let you know I have got the line cross detection working,

use the option ftp to server on the camera, and set up the FTP settings in the network tab of the camera, works fine now.

Not ideal, but does work.

Neil

Return to “Surveillance Solution”