Dome Cameras

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
solarag
Starting out

Dome Cameras

Post by solarag »

Hello,

I'm trying to find a reasonably priced PTZ Dome Camera that will work with my QNAP ... it doesn't necessarily have to PTZ with the Qnap.. just as long as motion detection and recording works...

The Two I am leaning towards are:

HooToo HT-IP006N PTZ PRO

or

IPCC-7210W

would either of these work?

Thanks!
Don
Guru

Re: Dome Cameras

Post by Don »

Did you check the camera comparability list?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

I have a couple of IPCC cameras (IPCC-B10 and Q645R) under SS Pro 5.0.1 that work reasonably well under their ONVIF capabilities, within the limitations of SS Pro's ONVIF implementation.
But there is no mention of ONVIF support for the IPCC-7210W, so I expect you would have compatibility problems. As I'm sure you know - the IPCC website provides little help with specs.
There is a reasonable chance you would be able to connect using Generic/Generic RTSP if you know the stream URI but that would inhibit even the workarounds for motion detection recording.

I can see no technical info on the HooToo cam - this would be very much a 'pig in a poke' as we say up here.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
solarag
Starting out

Post by solarag »

Thanks for the reply guys.... Yes, I did check the compatibility list

I see some Foscam on the compatibility list, but not this one Foscam FI9828W

do you think it would work?
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

If no one replies that they have tried it you could open a ticket directly with QNAP support and ask them.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

No mention of ONVIF support for Foscam FI9828W in either the specs or user manual.
Going forward - ONVIF should be the way to avoid NVR suppliers having to hand-craft specific models for the many camera choices out there. The low-cost good spec Chinese manufacturers have embraced this pretty well.
But doesn't look like an option in this case.
For continuous recording but no motion detection or PTZ you should be able to connect it as Generic/Generic RTSP using rtsp://<Cam IP>:88/videoMain
But a bit of a waste of its features.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
solarag
Starting out

Post by solarag »

hmmm... If you watch unboxing videos of the FI9828W on youtube, the box clearly states ONVIF Support.... I'm email their support and see what they say

Thanks
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Good luck, and let the community know how you get on.
Foscam cameras are very popular - your experience may help others.
solarag
Starting out

Post by solarag »

Ok, I emailed Foscam, and they said it WAS ONVIF ,... So I'm going to go ahead and order it, and see what happens...

I'll be sure to report back on how it went... (prolly 2 weeks)
raffam77
New here

Post by raffam77 »

And what happen at the end? did u get it and run it?
raffam77
New here

Post by raffam77 »

And what happen at the end? did u get it and run it?
bostonian
First post

Post by bostonian »

The IPCC-7210W V2 and up, the IPCC-9610 and IPCC-2020 all work with QNAP.
Check the ipcam-central.com forum, or contact their customer service at (855)464-7226 ext 100 for assistance

Return to “Surveillance Solution”