Generic RTSP camera fails

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
LBMaster
New here

Generic RTSP camera fails

Post by LBMaster »

hi there,

i have two onvif 1.0 spy titan series SP-IP420 (IPNC_Hi3518) and a ts-112 with firmware 4.1.4 and 500GB toshiba hdd. i know these are all old systems, ts-112 and harddisk must be at least 4 years old and sp-ip420 2 years old.

anyway today i want to clear my store and want to remove my old spy nvr SP-NVR504N to make some space. it is a four ch. nvr and i have only two cameras. so i setup the qnap surveillance app which i never used before. my nas ip is 192.168.2.50, nvr 192.168.2.100, cam1 192.168.2.101 and cam2 192.168.2.102. with onvif dev. manager i can see live preview at 192.168.2.101:18890/0.ch and setup the nas generic rtsp as port: 18890, url: /0.ch which works fine about ten minutes. and then connection closed.

when i check from odm it still shows preview, and i am still able to view from internet explorer. but nas fails. at each 10 minutes it looses connection and able to connect again when i delete and add the camera again. i am from turkey and i don't expect qnap to support SPY trademark cameras but what is wrong with generic rtsp camera implementation of nas?
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Generic RTSP camera fails

Post by AlastairStevenson »

I have seen this timed, repeatable RTSP disconnection problem with a Dericam IP camera, though at a shorter time than 10 minutes.
The cause was that the RTSP code in the camera was not recognising the 'keepalive' responses from Surveillance Station.
When an RTSP stream is initiated, it starts up with a default 'timeout' value. If it does not received a 'keepalive request' before the timeout expires, the video stream is terminated.
In the Dericam case, after some dialogue with their technical support, and giving them some network captures, they changed the firmware and fixed the problem.

The cause of you camera problem may not be the same - but it would be worth seeing if there are any firmware updates available, or if there is any technical support, see if they can check out the problem.

Have you tried using Surveillance Station 'ONVIF / ONVIF ProfileS' model selection? You would need to know the ONVIF port to configure in Surveillance Station, that shows in the URL at the bottom of the 'Identification' page in ODM.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
LBMaster
New here

Post by LBMaster »

It seems there is no firmware update for the camera. odm gives uri as http://192.168.2.101:8080/onvif/device_service... i tried with rtsp port 8080 and got "invalid ip address"...

also one more question, when i connect with internet explorer and start to view, netstart shows remote connection port as 16100... what is that?
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

the ONVIF port to configure in Surveillance Station, that shows in the URL at the bottom of the 'Identification' page in ODM.
That URI you've quoted shows that the 'ONVIF port' (not the RTSP port) is 8080, that's what you would need if you want to try connecting the cameras as ONVIF /ONVIF ProfileS, the port is needed for the Port= configuration in SS.
It's possible, though unlikely, that initiating an RTSP stream that's been 'discussed' during the ONVIF 'get / set configuration' dialogue may handle RTSP timeout values differently. Easy enough to try.
netstart shows remote connection port as 16100
I'm sorry, I don't know what you're referring to here.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”