Amcrest support

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
xenocide7
New here

Amcrest support

Post by xenocide7 »

Hi there,

I was wondering if any workaround was possible to add the Amcrest proHD camera onto the surveillance station?
I wrongly assumed that this would work out of the box with my QNAP (x51).. but cannot get it to pass the IP address test...

Any help very appreciated!
Many thanks!
password
First post

Re: Amcrest support

Post by password »

select Avigilon as the camera brand
works with my Amcrest IP2M-blah
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

Did you get this to work? I am looking at the Amcrest as a potential baby monitor but was thinking about also mapping it into Surveillance station for recording the video :)
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
andrewket
New here

Post by andrewket »

I'm in the same boat. Trying to get a IP2M-841 working. Software: 2.420.AC00.9.R, build : 2015-11-21
andrewket
New here

Post by andrewket »

Follow-up..

Oddly, it connects with the admin account, but not an account I setup that has limited privileges. I guess I'll have to play trial/error to see what access it needs.
Gotchaa
New here

Post by Gotchaa »

Problem is that the image quality is very average and not utilizing the full 1080 P capability. If we can get official support that would be great or otherwise let's try and figure out how we can get video setting options used with a different profile.

To anyone from Q nap please advise when we can expect Amcrest support
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

Since this is a community forum, best bet is to open a help desk ticket with Qnap.
Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xenocide7
New here

Post by xenocide7 »

Hi there,

Many thanks for the answer - I thought I would get an email telling me someone answered, reason why I haven't seen this before - but I did now and that Aviglion workaround worked indeed to get the live view... but not the sound (weird static noise.. and only that - will not pick up the actual sound around).

Also, I've been playing around to set alarms and all, but hitting another wall there.. Would it be disabled with this Aviglion setup? By default the alarm recording is OFF in the event management (and don't see a way to turn that ON), and the Advanced Mode doesn't allow me to get some Motion detection or what not.. nothing except the Connection Failure.

Thoughts on that?
Many thanks again!

PS: @Trexx, we have been using this Amcrest as baby monitor as well.. works fairly well with the app on the phone/tablet for live viewing (and the two-way sound works well)...
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

Thanks Xeno, I was hoping to integrate it with Surveillance Station as well because... well why not :)
Paul

ceteoh
First post

Post by ceteoh »

Just updated Surveillance Station on TS-251, Amcrest IP2M-841 is now officially supported!! Be sure to update your camera firmware if you have problem to set it up. I received RTSP port error at first but problem solved after the firmware update.
tioele
New here

Post by tioele »

Anyone found a configuration for the IP4M-1025E that will allow for alarm recording? The previous posting are correct that the camera works, but it does not allow for alarm recordings.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

A couple of things to try:
If the camera FTP motion event settings allow the definition of the destination folder, you should be able to configure the camera to use the SS 'event notification account'.
If you query this forum for 'event notification account' there will be a lot to plough through, but information on how to do it.

Alternatively - if the camera's ONVIF implementation supports 'push/pull event notification' you may be able to use the ONVIF / ONVIF ProfileS model slection for motion.
An easy way to check the camera is to install the very good Windows tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
Give it some valid logon credentials for the camera, and check out if any motion events appear on the 'events' page.
If that does work - in SS you will need to know the 'ONVIF port' to configure the settings - you can see that in the URL at the bottom of the 'Identification' page in ONVIF Device Manager.

Good luck!
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
tioele
New here

Post by tioele »

AlastairStevenson wrote:A couple of things to try:
If the camera FTP motion event settings allow the definition of the destination folder, you should be able to configure the camera to use the SS 'event notification account'.
If you query this forum for 'event notification account' there will be a lot to plough through, but information on how to do it.

Alternatively - if the camera's ONVIF implementation supports 'push/pull event notification' you may be able to use the ONVIF / ONVIF ProfileS model slection for motion.
An easy way to check the camera is to install the very good Windows tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
Give it some valid logon credentials for the camera, and check out if any motion events appear on the 'events' page.
If that does work - in SS you will need to know the 'ONVIF port' to configure the settings - you can see that in the URL at the bottom of the 'Identification' page in ONVIF Device Manager.

Good luck!
Thanks -- will try some things out
tioele
New here

Post by tioele »

I have Amcrest IP4M-1025E cameras and know they are currently not on the supported list. However, I found that using the Sertek configuration I could get all the functionality the camera offers including motion detection. It's an alternative to the other suggestions until QNAP provides support.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”