Surveillance Station 5.0.1 - does not allow login

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
HMVindahl
Starting out

Surveillance Station 5.0.1 - does not allow login

Post by HMVindahl »

I have had SS v5.0.0 running for quite a while now and it has been working just fine. (Apart from the daily restart nvrd service).

The QNAP APP Center asked me to update to version 5.0.1 which I did, but now none of the QNAP users are allowed to login to the SS 5.0.1.
I have restarted all servers after the update but I still get two errors.
1) local users are not authenticated (QNAP local user) and login is refused.
2) the login screen starts cycling continuously before I am able to login - it doesn't show the login dialog screen - this seems only to be an issue on Firefox.

I have tried to access SS501 by means of the login page, from the qnap app center and from a version neutral url https://192.168.1.57/cgi-bin/surveillance/. All do the same namely they cycle and when I get lucky I receive the login screen after a while.

I have tried with Firefox, IE 11 and Chrome, with the same outcome no users are allowed in.
The connection logs show no registrations on the SS501 login.

I have been unable to find any guides on how to solve this problem and actually get back in to SS.

Running the SS5.0.1 on QNAP TS-219P+ , TS-269 Pro (2 * 4 tb Seagate ST4000VN000), TS-469 Pro (4 * 3 tb - WDC WD30EFRX) with QTS 4.1 12.06.2014 - all show the same problem.

All help appreciated.

NB! Rolled back to version 5.0.0 and login now works in IE and Chrome, but not in firefox! Cameras are all "connecting" but new live view or recordings are made.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HMVindahl on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Re: Surveillance Station 5.0.1 - does not allow login

Post by doktornotor »

Admin != admin. You are doing it wrong.
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
taytos
Starting out

Post by taytos »

Use all lowercase for your username.
HMVindahl
Starting out

Post by HMVindahl »

Well, using all lower case didn't do the job, so have you got any other suggestions?

I downgraded and then upgraded again to v5.0.1 with good results, only not on Firefox, which I have always used to access SS.
How do you explain the login screen cycling, that obviously has nothing to do with the lowercase letters ;-) since it appear before login is entered!

NB! Rollback to v5.0.0 allowed normal login, lowercase or Capital letters, didn't matter!!!

Thx for the advice and the help ful tone!
Last edited by HMVindahl on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taytos
Starting out

Post by taytos »

I am using 5.0.1, initially when I did the upgrade it told me to restart the NAS and I ignored that as I was using it for something else at the time and it would not let me log in with the same problem you have. After restarting the NAS, it worked fine.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

You should read the notifications, which tell you to reboot the NAS after SS upgrade. ;)
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
taytos
Starting out

Post by taytos »

doktornotor wrote:You should read the notifications, which tell you to reboot the NAS after SS upgrade. ;)
I read it, took the executive decision to ignore it ;)
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

LOL.

mhuisman
Getting the hang of things

Post by mhuisman »

getting this message here.

Error:
Page not found or the web server is currently unavailable. Please contact the website administrator for help.

have uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, installed v5.0.0... doesn't matter, whatever 5.0.1 did, it broke it.

Anybody have a workaround yet?
DTF
Starting out

Post by DTF »

I have exactly the same problem when I work on Windows, but when working on ubuntu there is no login problem. Is there any solution for Windows OS?
Last edited by DTF on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
TS-119P II, version 4.3.3
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

DTF wrote:I have exactly the same problem. Is there any solution, from where can I download 5.0.0 version of surveillance station?
Which exactly same problem? The one that you failed to listen to the instructions and reboot after upgrade. Or the other one that you did not realize that the login is case-sensitive? None of those "exact same problems" on OSI Layer-8 in fact requires a downgrade.
DTF
Starting out

Post by DTF »

What do you think about which problem i talk about?
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

I have no idea which problem are you talking about. If it's none of the two I mentioned, you are off-topic here and go start your own thread. This one ain't intended as a collection of random issues.
DTF
Starting out

Post by DTF »

doktornotor please read carefully before posting and spare us time for explaining what is already explained. This is exactly the same problem about which I talking about.
HMVindahl wrote:Well, using all lower case didn't do the job, so have you got any other suggestions?

I downgraded and then upgraded again to v5.0.1 with good results, only not on Firefox, which I have always used to access SS.
How do you explain the login screen cycling, that obviously has nothing to do with the lowercase letters ;-) since it appear before login is entered!

NB! Rollback to v5.0.0 allowed normal login, lowercase or Capital letters, didn't matter!!!

Thx for the advice and the help ful tone!
Besides that I found that Mozzila when running from LINUX OS does not have that problem. From Windos OS Mozzila cycles and reopens the 3 address in endless loop. The 3 addresses which Mozzila reopens are
surveillance/main.htlm
surveillance
surveillance/index.html?5.0.1.20140818
DTF
Starting out

Post by DTF »

I have find out that from QTS/Application Manager/Surveillance station I can even on Mozzila open SS by clicking secure login(https://my address/surveillance). I hope that this would work also for HMVindahl

Return to “Surveillance Solution”