NAS for Small office

Windows Access Rights Management
mherder
First post

NAS for Small office

Post by mherder »

Hello,
I spent an hour or so searching the site but did not find what I was looking for.
I am looking for best practices to set up a TS-269L in a windows workgroup environment.
I am running Firmware 4.1.1

We have 2 part time employees and 1 full time employee. The full time employee requires access to files that may be changed by the part timer's when she is not in the office.

It would appear that Qsync should work for this but this is where I get confused. Should I put all the data in the Qsync folder for the entire company so that the one Full time user will have up to date sync'd copies assuming she is online? And if that is the case, is it possible to map a drive to another user's Qsync files internal on our LAN? I am not sure I want to have the other 2 employees work exclusively off of Q-sync. i was hoping to label shared drives like R: and S: and direct them to the mapped share as opposed to using the local Qsynch folder that would have been installed with Qsynch.

Our scenerio is that we are a sports organisation and floor time is allocated and constantly changing. Our senior scheduler needs to have up to date access to files after hours.

Thanks
Matt
choc-a-holic
Starting out

Re: NAS for Small office

Post by choc-a-holic »

If everyone is in the office - why not setup shared folders and give the appropriate staff access to the appropriate folders. You can then map to drive letters if you so wish....although most people don't use drive letters these days.

You really don't give enough information - like do they need access to the files in the office only or on the road as well? Are they just your standard word, excel type files?

etc
Eraser-EMC2-
Been there, done that

Re: NAS for Small office

Post by Eraser-EMC2- »

The data of Qsync is not reachable by share access.
TS-220 , 2x 2TB Samsung, for Backup

Return to “Windows”