Can't change the access rights new made shares

Windows Access Rights Management
wimpie
New here

Can't change the access rights new made shares

Post by wimpie »

Hi I have my TS-210 for 2 weeks now en it works fine so far. Made a few shares and its works fine with Windows Vista. But from 2 days the problem is that when I make a new share I can't change the access rights. It looks that they ware changed but when I look again all the boxes are unmarked. So it is impassible to access the share from Vista because it won't accept my loginname and password. I can see the share normal from \\ipadres\share.
I,am using firmware 3.1.2 build 1014T
Hope anyone can help me,

Greetings
edv
First post

Re: Can't change the access rights new made shares

Post by edv »

Same with me I try to change access rights of users on my TS-210, but after I marked the boxes, the changes are not saved. Not even when I add a new user, I can not get any access rights for the new user being saved. Only the initial user that I created in the beginning are working and do have some access to the directories on the TS-210

The same happens in Ajaxexplorer, I can not get the access rights saved, extremely annoying, all other features work great, but not being able to access certain qnap directories is annoying to say the least. :(

I am running win 7 64bits by the way
wimpie
New here

Post by wimpie »

Still no solution, I send a support form for 5 day,s but still no answer. I wonder what happen if I give a factory default but the problem is that at the moment I don,t have the diskspace to make a backup. I also like to put in a second disk but if I can,t make any shares on this disk.....
Hope QNAP will respond asap.
Wim
Svlad Cjelli
New here

Post by Svlad Cjelli »

I have the same problem on my TS-219: The access rights won't save, neither for the default shares, nor for new ones.
mario.leonard
First post

Post by mario.leonard »

same problem on a TS-410U, can´t change user rights
ludo167
Getting the hang of things

Post by ludo167 »

Same problem on my TS 419P but not only on new share.

I notice that if i change the right directly on the smb.conf ( samba config file ),

For example, currently i set RW for user admin and toto on the Qmultimedia folder. If i add right RW for the user ludo (always on Qmultimedia) from web adminsitrion and click on apply. If i check after that, the box RW for user ludo is unmarked. So no change was saved.

I change directly on the smb.conf under /etc/config. And for the folder QMultimedia, i add the user ludo in

Code: Select all

write list = admin,toto,ludo
If now i look again in web administration, the box RW for ludo user is marked now.

It seems that the web page can't save the modification in the smb.conf file. It's strange because if i change right to 777 on the smb.conf and try to save again from the web page, the web page can acess the smb.conf file, because the right on the file change to 644. but change nothing in the file.

Problem with AJAX ?

Any idea ?

Any help ?

Running On windows Seven - TS 419P Firmware 3.1.2 ( 1014T)

thanks,
Andy ?
Wombass
New here

Post by Wombass »

I have the same problem as well. Could we please have a reply QNAP!
Wombass
New here

Post by Wombass »

The Silence is deafening!!!!!!!!!!!
QNAPJason
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPJason »

Hi,
Please try the following methods:

1. reset the administrator password and network settings by press and hold the reset button for 3 seconds (on the back side of NAS)

or

2. downgrade the firmware (any previous version), and then reset again.

If the 3 seconds does not work, try the 10-second reset (will clear the shares, but data is still safe, you can restore your shares by manually creating the paths)

Jason
Svlad Cjelli
New here

Post by Svlad Cjelli »

- Updating to the latest firmware (TS-219 3.1.1 -> 3.1.2) didn't work.
- Reset for 3 seconds dindn't work.
- Reset for 10 seconds WORKED! :D

Jason, thanks for the advice!
byknarf
Getting the hang of things

Post by byknarf »

Hi Jason,

Could you elaborate on the 10 second reset. I also have difficulties with access rights: I cannot elevate access rights for a user on an already existing share. By design I'm the only one to have full control and I would like to grant another user full control instead of just Read Access. I created the share and added directories to it. I'm using Windows Vista x86 and a TS-119

Thank you,
Frank
TS-119P QTS4.2.0 Build 2016/03/11 2TB 204UI Samsung
TS-119PII QTS4.2.0 Build 2016/03/11 4TB WD RED
Androids, IOS, W10x64
qDude
Starting out

Post by qDude »

I have the exact same problem with my TS-419p now, has anyone at QNAP figured out what is causing this? I didn't have this problem before the last reset (password stopped working), so I guess I need to do the 10second reset now. I just wanted to post here to let QNAP know that this really is a big problem (many other threads about this problem exist).
mcalzolaro
New here

Post by mcalzolaro »

Hello, same problem on TS-110 access rights are not saved.
garychan
First post

Post by garychan »

Hi,

I have a TS509Pro and I am also unable to add Domain Groups to the shares. It does not get saved when I added the Domain group to the share.

Using latest firmware 3.2.1 build 1231 and also downgraded to 3.2.0 build 1212 but still had problems. Only version 2.1.6 is ok.
Warnberg
New here

Post by Warnberg »

I have a TS-209 and I’m experiencing similar problems. Initially I had to reconnect my mapped shares after rebooting any computer. Then after fiddling around with new accounts on the NAS I’m unable to connect any share from any computer. I receive messages that say that the share is already connected with another account and that I have to disconnect that one first. The problem is that no shares are mapped. Sometimes the message asks me to correct the username/password. I’m running version 3.1.0 build 0708T, Windows Vista and Windows XP.

UPDATE

I tried with Jason’s 10 second solution but it didn’t work for me. After setting up user accounts and shares again I still have the same problem. However, it’s now possible to connect to the standard Public share. Since this problem occurred quite recently (at least for me), I’m wondering if it could be due to a recent Microsoft Update patch?

Return to “Windows”