Good morning, all. Happy Halloween (for those that participate)
I hope there is a simple solution to this, and I thought I would post here before scouring Microsoft's site.
1) TS119 w/WD 1.0 Terabyte, running firmware version 3.1.2 Build1014.
2) Verizon FIOS router Actiontec MI424WR
3) Laptop, wireless, Vista SP1
4) Desktop, wired, XP SP3
1) Have several shared drives mapped by both machines (user directory, qmultimedia, etc).
2) Vista laptop has no issue. Everytime I reboot, it connects and I don't have to enter the password for the network drives.
3) Windows XP desktop connects, but if I want to access the drive, I have to reenter the password. After that, it works fine.
Attempts to Correct:
1) Tried dropping and readding from XP; same issue.
2) Obviously, when I was adding the network drive the first time, I selected 'reconnect at login'.
Normally it wouldn't be more than an inconvenience, but my wife's machine is the XP, and I want to make it as painless as possible for her.